Calling Cards

callingcard

Jan 23, 2009
hey i'm looking for best calling cards that are reliable to call to the DR.

i heard about sunshine but don't know if there any other cheaper options out there that give you the best minutes to what you pay for.

thanks.

calling from canada.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004

i heard about sunshine but don't know if there any other cheaper options out there that give you the best minutes to what you pay for.

thanks.

calling from canada.

Titan, calling from Montreal

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
don't know about canada, but in the US, do not buy any cards from a national chain, i.e. walmart, hess gas, 7-11, dunkin donuts, etc....shop in the little mom and pop corner convenience/grocery stores, usually they will have several selections. most cards, but not all, will have a "connection fee", this "fee" can eat up a lot of your money. for example i can buy a 2$ card that gives me 40 minutes of talk time if i use the card all in one call, but, it is only good for about 4 very short chats. also keep in mind that a card that works great this month may be a little iffy next month. there is no one "best" card...............

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004

thanks.

calling from canada.

sunshine sucks... holiday is way better

callingcard

Jan 23, 2009
the only reason i need a calling card is because my friend got stuck with a sankie and she emailed me saying that she is devastated with what happened so i'm gonna call her and hope that she is ok.

i told her this would happen but she wouldn't listen, if she wasn't a good friend, i wouldn't even bother, but i feel bad for her because of her stupid decision that she made.

btw sunshine was the phone card she used to call him up from here.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Good Call is good too... but the connection can be bad at times...
Holiday I find very rarely has a connection problem, and their rates are almost the same as Good Call...
Maximum Carribean is another good one, has the same access number as Holiday but a little bit more expensive.