whats with the tap water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 25, 2007
why is the tap water so brown in Cabarete. Does this come out of a river?
I understand its due to the heavy rain. I take it they don't use wells.

windfinder

May 28, 2007
Pipe systems along the north shore have a lot of leaks , 70% of fresh water is lost due to the leaks. So imagine how much dirt can filtrate into the pipe system with strong rainfalls like we had the last couple of days.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
i have to clean out the filters in the taps every couple of months to keep the water flowing well... always find little twigs & green growing thingies. reminds me why i use bottled water

windfinder

May 28, 2007
While there certainly are a lot of leaks in the water delivery system, there is still a "positive pressure" between what is in and what is outside of the pipe that would tend to keep dirt out of the pipe from the ground water surrounding the tubes. I think that the dirt is most likely from the source end and just pumped along to us.

Well , where is the positive pressure when there is no water from INAPA ? INAPA turns off the water how many times a week ?
Pressure = 0.8 psi , while it's on !!

bentleejohnson

Jun 6, 2009
www.isopurewater.com
why is the tap water so brown in Cabarete. Does this come out of a river?
I understand its due to the heavy rain. I take it they don't use wells.

No, this doesn't comes from river, though water comes from river , As you mentioned that the tap water is so brown in carbarete, It comes from the rusted pipe or from the mixed fluoride water which is been released by factories.Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.