Single traveller going to Cabarete...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob4

Jan 26, 2009
So I've got a week off work and need a holiday. Since none of my friends can swing a vacation right now I decided to book a trip to Cabarete. Anyone have any tips for a guy in his mid twenties looking to meet people to party with?

josewpg

Jan 26, 2009
Hey bud, myself and a coworker are heading down to Party in Sosua Feb 1-8. We are 27 and 22 yr old dudes from Winnipeg, Canada and we are fluent in English, French and Spanish. PM if you want to meet up for drinks in DR before end of the month (if you're going to be there at the same time.) We don't know anyone there, and we're just goingt to wing it (we're booked with Casa Marina Hotel).

Also any other advice would be cool too.

-Jose

Jan 17, 2009
You shouldn't have a problem to find people to party with in your age group. Just go to the beach and the bars. Also, choose a hotel where singles hang out. Two come to mind: Ali's Surf Camp (in Procab, about 10 minute walk or so to the beach) or Extreme (on Kite Beach). Also Hotel Alegria also on the beach side (disclaimer, I'm associated with this hotel) single people here but also couples, and in all age groups. To meet people in bars, try LAX and Voy Voy.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
When are you coming ?
Lots of places are full for February as it is high season
Make sure you do the booking on line or by phone before you get here

rob4

Jan 26, 2009
I'm staying at Breezes, not sure how solid this place is but the girl at the travel agency sold me on it. I'm hoping to spend lots of time in Cabarete and Sosua because I've heard good things. I'll be there from Feb 1st to the 8th as well. I speak english and french, I'm in PR and Marketing by day and bartend by night. I'm totally down for meeting up for a drink cuz you can't enough buds to party with on vacation, especially when you're headin' down solo. Haha. Maybe you could drop me an email at rmilchard@wusc.ca to set something up. Cheers.

-Rob

rob4

Jan 26, 2009
I'll be down Feb 1st - 8th staying at Breezes...love to party and don't want to spend much time on the resort...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'll be down Feb 1st - 8th staying at Breezes...love to party and don't want to spend much time on the resort...

Get OUT of the resort, for sure!

Breezes is closer to Sosua than Cabarete, definately check out both towns. Two totally different scenes at night!

No need to pay an arm and a leg for tourist taxis to go to Cabarete or Sosua. Any publico will stop on the side of the road just outside Breezes.

At night, I would rent the entire publico to get back, should cost no more than RD$180 @ night, plus small tip for the entire car, not PP! (Confirm the price FIRST with the driver)

tambo'

Last edited:

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
Take the shuttle into Cabarete as often as possible. Your hotel is NOT walking distance.

Friends are easy to make down there. Pick a sport and you'll soon be plugged into the nightlife. There is some excellent surfing with none of the attitude (so long as you demonstrate basic surfer courtesy), a huge kiting and windsurfing community, a martial arts club (BJJ and Vale Tudo), several gyms, as well as various tours. Be nice to people, ask lots of questions, buy the first drink and stay away from the whore bars and you will have no problem meeting some great people.

There is also a poker game, but we're a bunch of miserable jerks who don;t party much, so maybe give that a pass... ;)

Have fun and good luck.

PM me if you need a lift in to Cabarete one night -- I can get a pass from the wife if I make it look like I'm doing someone a favour by taking them to town...

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Hey Joe
I'd like to hear more about the poker game, I'm not a miserable guy but I do like to play once in a while and might be able to cheer you bastards up !

Status
Not open for further replies.