I want to take a 42'' Plasma Tv to DR!!

princess23

Jan 29, 2009
Does anyone know how i can do this ? I live in Canada and am planning to move to Santo Domingo. I want to take my plasma tv with me instead of purchasing a new one. Any suggestions?

princess23

Jan 29, 2009
hmm .. could be worth a try.. what kind of sports equip, would be shaped like that though lol :p .... dont people from DR go to the states and stuff and bring back things like that? i dont want to pay insane custom charges.. and buying a nice plasma in santo domingo would cost minimum 40,000 pesos which is equivalent to about ...almost 2-3 grand CAD ... and thats just for the cheap quality ones ...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
princess, i don't know what exchange rate you are using, but i will exchange at that rate no problem.....40,000rd is equal to about 1,480 CAD.
I would buy one here as the prices have come down quite a bit lately.
hammerdown

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
hmm .. could be worth a try.. what kind of sports equip, would be shaped like that though lol :p .... dont people from DR go to the states and stuff and bring back things like that? i dont want to pay insane custom charges.. and buying a nice plasma in santo domingo would cost minimum 40,000 pesos which is equivalent to about ...almost 2-3 grand CAD ... and thats just for the cheap quality ones ...

More than 40,000pesos
SHALENA

alexpolanco007

Feb 2, 2009
I'm thinking of taking a 38" plasma as well on the plane as extra luggage. Does anyone know if customs will charge taxes upon arrival or if there's a way to get around this? I don't want to ship it (takes too long and cost too much). Any advice appreciated.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I would listen to Hammerdown, he knows his electronics!! I know that fist hand!
Sell your tv and buy one there...gringo prices may be more, so have someone go with you!! or pick one out...and have someone else pick it up!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

Good Luck bringing it in. Especially Santo Domingo. Expect to pay 40,000 in Duty. BTW at 40G's I'll buy 10 0f them.

Plaza Lama, la supertienda en Rep?blica Dominicana

cookiedog

Dec 31, 2008
Does anyone know how i can do this ? I live in Canada and am planning to move to Santo Domingo. I want to take my plasma tv with me instead of purchasing a new one. Any suggestions?

Have you ever watched the airport guys THROW your luggage around??? lol I wouldnt take the chance shipping a plasma,they are not meant to be banged around at all!!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Plasma TVs are more subject to damage from modified sine wave electricity than lcds. You might want a sine wave inverter too, or before you plug in your plasma.