DHL or UPS ? re-shipping documents to Haiti

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Could I have some input on whether you would use DHL or UPS for sending documents to Haiti? Thanks

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Hi Laura,

I believe your 2 options are DHL or Purolator...not sure that UPS ships there.

I just sent my envelope on Jan 29 & it arrived this morning.

I used Purolator and it cost $58 to send documents. DHL quoted $62.

Both quoted 4 days for delivery but it only took 3 business days for our package.

Sangria

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Hi Laurar,

I am not sure what you are sending to Haiti via DHL et al.

But if it is a passport or other official documents, FedEx won't send it period. DHL will only send it if it is addressed to an embassy or consulate of a foriegn nation.

DHL is somewhat pricey, but at least you can track the package online using their website.

Johana

May 24, 2006
My husband used UPS in Puerto Plata to send documents to Haiti and to me here in Canada. I have also used DHL to ship to POP. Both services are similar and both can be tracked on their websites. I would get price quotes from both and go with the cheaper option :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Laurar,

I am not sure what you are sending to Haiti via DHL et al.

But if it is a passport or other official documents, FedEx won't send it period. DHL will only send it if it is addressed to an embassy or consulate of a foriegn nation.

DHL is somewhat pricey, but at least you can track the package online using their website.

It's the Canadian Embassy in Haiti ;)

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
I shipped the papers DHL and they arrived in Haiti at the embassy in less than 24hrs but were closed hopefully delivered on Monday.