Real Estate

L

LWX

Hello,

Where in the DR can I find the best real estate bargains? For example some area that is still little known, but about to start being used for tourism? Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

L.W.X

K

Karina

try the south-west (barahona) and north-west coast (montecristy)
also, I think that the mountains (Jarabacoa, San Jose de Ocoa, Constanza) are still underpriced.
At Samana Peninsula or Samana's bay, there's still beach front property available, let me know what you need and I'll try to help you.

D

Duck

Montecristi has some good bargains and is a nice little city, but do very careful research. There are very few "Gringos/as" there who are making quite a good living off of other "Gringos" who are "investing" there.

Make sure there is a clear and proper title - there are a lot of trick deals with people buying from the Ayuntamiento, to find out later that someone else has the title, etc, etc!

H

Herb Morrison

Can anyone tell me if there is a "Standard" number of meters/feet by which ocean (Beach) property is protected by the government as "Public"? Is it measured from the water's edge; the end of the beach, how? Does river property also have similar restrictions? Is there an "Official" or other informative source for DR real estate questions (Book, Government Agency, Web Site, etc.)? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Herb Morrison
hmorrison@drc.com