need an expert on the D.R.

D

Doug

Hi; my name is doug im a regular reader, here's my question; my friend (a lady) is getting married to a dominican,she is from canada, how long would it take to get him here in canada (A)for a visit(B)for good. She is an outstanding citizen has a great job, has all kinds of documentation of how long they have been "together" and he is a very good citizen of the D.R. with a decent job (at a resort[of course, it's where they met])Could someone please let me know the sequence of events that would have to take place. Thank You Very much for your time, I think Hillbilly will have a answer for me. It's just if ppl know the canadien laws cause I don't. P.S. he is from the north coast if it makes a difference.

H

Hillbilly

Sorry, my friend this is

Beyond my realm of knowledge. I am sure that there will be multiple answers for you to review the archives, since this has been gone over many, many times. It seems to be a fairly straight forward process, although time consuming.

Advise your friend to seek help from her nearest Immigration Office in Canada. And to think about this.

HB

L

Lynda

Tell your friend to ask

the girls on the DR1 if they know the name of your friend's fellow. There are many players on the North Coast that talk a good one every week to a different Canadian. They hope that eventually one will fall in love with them and get them a visa to Canada. Especially the ones who work in resorts.

Have your friend e-mail me and I will do a search for her. Which hotel does he work at and his full name - and his nickname. Most of them go by a nickname instead of their Christian name when working.

E-mail me at mrollins@hpedsb.on.ca

Sorry, but it is better to be safe than sorry before she has a broken heart.

Lynda

M

meliza Reynoso

hi doug!
your best bet is to find a NON-PROFIT immigration assistance office in your area, and I do emphasize NON PROFIT because immigration issues and/or lawyers are extremely expensive for stuff that you may get for free. You'll find them by asking social services offices in your community. If you need more help, feel free to contact me at my e-mail address.
good luck!
bye
mr