DR vacation suggestions wanted

M

Michael Fix

Hi,

I scanned down the message board and browsed the info page but thus far have not found the info I seek. Basically, where can a husband and wife on a budget stay in DR for a week to a week and a half? We would like to travel sometime after the New year but are somewhat flexible if money can be saved by waiting.

By budget, I mean, no resorts... it's not that we don't want to stay in aq reort, I just don't think we can afford it. We enjoy, exploring old towns and doing the beach thing. I also scuba dive and would like to visit Haiti, both for cultural and political exploration.

Any suggestions as far as places to stay, time to go, airline details, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Take care and thanks in advance for any assitance you can provide,

Michael Fix

J

Jim Hinsch

See www.BocaChicaBeach.net. A great beach town and lots of low cost hotels.

R

Richard

You may want to check out Sosua. lots of entertainment, diving etc , a good inexpensive hotel is Hotel tropix. Only 10 rooms,friendly staff, quiet, small pool, honor bar. a/c or overhead fan in every room, generator, 5-8 minute walk to the beach. sylvie the owner was born in sosua and speaks english, spanish, dutch and German. telephone 809 471-2291 email hoteltropix@codetel.net.do

Her web site is www.tropixhotel.com

enjoy your vacation.