Places for American expats in Santo Domingo

asklepios59

Feb 10, 2009
I?m a recently arrived expat that has chosen Santo Domingo to retire. Can anyone tell me where do most Americans traditionally go to for fun and enjoyment here in Santo Domingo? Such as restaurants, social gatherings, etc. How can a newcomer get in touch with expats here? Please let me know as I love the place but feel very lonely.

asklepios59

Feb 10, 2009
Doesn?t matter where I live, let?s say near the Malecon. I have transportation, can go to different places. Can you tell me where I can meet other Americans?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am Danish and dont really see anybody Danish here. I see Americans, Canadians etc.. And of course Dominicans. Be more open towards differnet nationalities and also the locals. Many Dominicans speak good English.

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
I sent you a private message.

And I vote for having a Meet and Greet - DR1 forum members living in Capital or visiting capital in a public place on a weekend...sometime in the future???

Other forums have a once a year Meet and Greet picnic or event.

Blessed Be

Carrie

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Doesn?t matter where I live, let?s say near the Malecon. I have transportation, can go to different places. Can you tell me where I can meet other Americans?
go to el conde,many gringos at Pacos all day,and other end of el conde at cafe across from California store.
bob

cougar

Jan 27, 2009
i don't understand why you want to see americans isn't that the whole idea of leaving america to get away from americans