Travelling alone - where to stay? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC-NYCClubber

May 16, 2007
I have been to the DR once before and I stayed at an AI with some friends. This trip I am coming alone and trying to decide between staying at an AI in Puerto Plata or staying by myself at the Hotel El Magnifico in Caberete. My questions are: AI Pro's: Food already cooked and maid service. Activities, etc. AI Con's: Can't bring chicas back to the hotel, security, etc. Since I am travelling alone and speak very little Spanish, I will need a good driver. As for security, not to be pompous - but I grew up in the Bronx...I ain't stupid and I ain't scurred. This is a well deserved R&R trip with chicas and sun in mind. Any advice for the single traveller? AI or condo? BTW - is Crystal's still open? :) And if not - where to go in Sosua or Cab for them J-Lo/Beyonce look alikes? LOL!

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Why not stay in Sosua? My first time in the DR, two years ago, was in Sosua (Rocky's Hotel), and everything turned out well. Everything's within walking distance. There's a nice beach. Throughout the town, you'll find several reasonably-priced places to eat. Plus, you'll have plenty of opportunities to find that special female friend (or two).

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Here's a map of Sosua, e-mailed to me by a buddy...
2q3only.jpg

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
By the way, I believe that map I posted, above, came from a site called ISOC, but if you need to ask, then you don't need to know. ;)

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
where to go in Sosua or Cab for them J-Lo/Beyonce look alikes?

You can find girls like that in Sosua ? Forget it, I'm going to stop hanging out in Santiago and head north ! :D

Reactions: FernieBee

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I have been to the DR once before and I stayed at an AI with some friends. This trip I am coming alone and trying to decide between staying at an AI in Puerto Plata or staying by myself at the Hotel El Magnifico in Caberete. My questions are: AI Pro's: Food already cooked and maid service. Activities, etc. AI Con's: Can't bring chicas back to the hotel, security, etc. Since I am travelling alone and speak very little Spanish, I will need a good driver. As for security, not to be pompous - but I grew up in the Bronx...I ain't stupid and I ain't scurred. This is a well deserved R&R trip with chicas and sun in mind. Any advice for the single traveller? AI or condo? BTW - is Crystal's still open? :) And if not - where to go in Sosua or Cab for them J-Lo/Beyonce look alikes? LOL!

Sosua! Sosua! Sosua! Nowhere in the world you will find a better selection and such a true fast sencere love!!!

Enjoy your well deserved prize for your long hard work in capitalist cold climate!!:pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.