present for mother

W

Wim Van Roey

Hola ,

I need help . Next year I'm visit my girlfriend ( normal in february my wife ) in the Dominican Republic . Her mother ask me to bringing a present with me for her . This is my problems !
I don't know what to bring for her ?
I asked my girlfriend what she mean , and she say to me just a present .
Can somebody help me find a present for my mother in law !

Thanks , Wim .

S

Sarah

Try perfume, a nice purse, hair accessories, a watch, jewelry...

N

Natasha

I concur with Sarah's suggestions. A nice leather purse or better yet, a wallet for her purse would make a nice gift. A scarf is nice too. Perfume can be tricky, but us women love getting them ;-) Try something soft. My all time favorite is Bulgari Pour Femme and I've been wearing it for years. I also like Tocca, Alchemie by Rochas, Antonia's Flowers, Salvatore Ferragamo and Annick Goutal's Petit Cherrie. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Natasha

J

Jodi

Chocolate! My Dominican mother-in-law loves getting chocolate...particularly "Quality Street".

Jodi

K

Katia

I agree with Jodi. My favorites are Bacci and inside the wrapping is a little message or proverb in 4 languages including Spanish.

Katia

J

JW

It totally depends on your mother-in-law...My mother-in-law used to love CASH!! Other favorites: gold, leather goods, perfume and shoes. I know my mother-in-law may have been a special case, but I think sometimes in poor cultures typical common gifts, such as flowers or chocolates, are not very much appreciated. They prefer things that will last...

Jill

L

Lyse

My best friend mother loves fruit cakes & Italian olive oil(the good one). My sister is leaving for the D.R. next Sunday & I sending both of it. I'm sure that Arelis mother se va a volver loca when she'll receive the gift.

H

Helen

My mom-in-law is quite religious so, instead of perfume, jewellery, etc which she will not wear, I got her a really nice Spanish Bible. Was told by relatives that it's her most treasured possession.