American Bus driver

MattyAna

Feb 16, 2009
Hello I am a bus driver living in New York . I was wondering how difficult it would be to find work in Santo Domingo? I have a clean driver's license , but only speak very basic Spanish. My wife lives in SD and I am going crazy without her. Any suggestions? I can also do delevery ,etc. Thanx

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Better stay another month in US, save the money then quit your job and come here and bum around for a year, because what you make as a driver in NY a month here will take you at least a year, so you do the math.

Nov 25, 2008
your wife can look into you working for Metro or Caribe Tours, these are bus company that travel to all points of the island

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why don't you get "injured" and collect disability like all the other nice NYCT folks living in this country?

tambo'

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
HAHAHAHA. Yeah, hurry up while it is still slippery! The spring is coming!

PS. Too bad you're not a cop in NYC, now that's a disability you wanna collect!

MattyAna

Feb 16, 2009
Do you need a special visa to work in DR? If so what kind? Also if I marry a woman in DR , what is the process then (And is it easier)?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Do you need a special visa to work in DR? If so what kind? Also if I marry a woman in DR , what is the process then (And is it easier)?

And what are you going to do with your wife when you marry this other woman ?????????????????;)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
To work legally in the DR you would need your residency. The best way to go about this (especially for a non-Spanish speaker) is to get a lawyer who specializes in it and let them do all the leg work for you. Cost is in the 1000 to 2000 US dollar range, depending on the lawyer. I don't think marrying a Dominicana will make it any easier. You really want to think it over very carefully before doing that. Check out the DR1 Mars and Venus forum for some practical, no-punches-pulled advice.

MattyAna

Feb 16, 2009
Ok......lol . Let me make a correction (I am marrying her in August).But I call her as my wife now :)