Kinder Surprise Eggs

vaudevile

Feb 9, 2009
With Easter approaching and all...

I've been looking unsuccessfully for Kinder Surprise Eggs for the kids, they love it, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. Do they even sell them here? Anywhere?

I do appreaciate any help.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Have you tried supermarket check-outs aka 'parent traps'? I'm sure I've seen them there.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I would be very surprised if anyone would import them here as they are very fragile in
shipping. The Caribbean islands mainly use the UK distributors for all European confectionery. How many of us would also love to see the Cadbury Cream Filled Eggs here for Easter. No possible way they would ship!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cadbury creme eggs - dream on. But Kinder Surprise is definitely sold in the DR.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Last time i was there they were sold in the small Playro in Sosua.
That was September 08.

I like the fact that they are different from the UK ones. Gave the surprise to the wife. It was a jigsaw puzzle. I removed one piece and told her to make it without her knowing i removed a piece - but she had to do it the wrong way around - no pictures!

Ahh - it took her ages to work out there was a bit missing!
Great for every age!!!!

vaudevile

Feb 9, 2009
Thank you for your responses. I will take a better look for them at the supermarkets' 'Parent traps'. And the other places.

kessler

Mar 30, 2009
I am currently on holiday in Santo Domingo. And after seeing this thread, I went to a few supermarkets looking for Kinder eggs and found nothing... :(

Could someone be nice enough to tell me in what supermarket in Santo Domingo I could find these? Or is it sold only in touristy areas? I'd like to get these for the kids, but so for I've found nothing.

:)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
One poster reported seeing them in the San Pedro branch of Jumbo recently, so you could try in the MegaCentro (Zona Oriental) or in Nacional supermarkets (same parent company as Jumbo). Problem is that these things come and go, they don't always restock immediately, and as Easter eggs are not part of the DR tradition it doesn't mean they will have them at this time of year in particular. If you don't find Kinder eggs, try the main chocolate section for those bags of solid chocolate eggs in coloured foil - I've seen them on sale from time to time and they are good for egg hunts. :)

kessler

Mar 30, 2009
One poster reported seeing them in the San Pedro branch of Jumbo recently, so you could try in the MegaCentro (Zona Oriental) or in Nacional supermarkets (same parent company as Jumbo). Problem is that these things come and go, they don't always restock immediately, and as Easter eggs are not part of the DR tradition it doesn't mean they will have them at this time of year in particular. If you don't find Kinder eggs, try the main chocolate section for those bags of solid chocolate eggs in coloured foil - I've seen them on sale from time to time and they are good for egg hunts. :)

Thanks. I'll go this weekend to both places. If I still can't find them I'll just buy any regular chocolate eggs I find.

I didn't realise Easter eggs weren't common tradition here. :(