Just Back from Boca Chica

LauraP

Jan 10, 2005
Our 6th trip ... and had probably the best time ever. Just wish we had more time and of course, wish I was still there!! ;)

Thanks to everyone that helped with directions etc ahead of time (Matilda et al).

I'll post a trip report once I get it all written out.

;)
Laura

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I am looking forward to reading your report! BC will always have a soft spot in my heart too, the first place i visited here, about 5 years ago now, and every time I'm in SD i take a ride thru the good old BC. Gone way downhill, but still brings a lot of good memories back. ;)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I am looking forward to reading your report! BC will always have a soft spot in my heart too, the first place i visited here, about 5 years ago now, and every time I'm in SD i take a ride thru the good old BC. Gone way downhill, but still brings a lot of good memories back. ;)

I love the lambi the vendors serve you fresh from the sea.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004

Well..there arent as many hookers and there are MANY less vendor on the beach and very few kids begging on the playa...and lots of investing and new contruction going on...and not to many sankies (oh they are still there but nearly as bad as a few years ago). And of course Delores is still around lol.

Was just there a couple of weeks ago and it is soooo much tamer than it used to be.

THe only really annoying ones were the mani/pedi women on the playa. Otherwise it was pretty quiet.

THere are a couple of new restaurants on the strip (both mainly italian) One sells bread in the front (try to find a soft bread...their rustico bread was kinda tough). The other has a small buffet durring the day but the menu food ROCKS at very very reasonable prices. The shrimp and pasta had enough garlic to make even ME happy!

I missed the soul food (american southern food) at the boathouse on the weekend. BUt honestly...when in the Carib i am not really into heavy southern cooking. (Ribs etc). I mainly just eat fish, pescado y camarones and fresh mango, papaya etc.

IF anything...Boca Chica seems much more mellower than in the past.