to adopt

croc1209

Mar 12, 2009
Can any one help me with some questions that I have reguarding adoption in the dominican republic??????
I am a widdow of a dominican resedent , I was Married in Santo Domingo , I am American citizen ,
When I was married my Husband Had a son from his previous marrige , The childs mother is no where to be found , and the child was never issued a birth certificate for the country of D.R.

My husband passed in 2001 and since then His famlie and my self have been suporting this child,,,, I want to know if I am able to go and apply for full coustdy of the boy...seeing how i am legaly his step mother and he has no other living famlie members willin to take care of this child ...

I can not work or live in The dominican Republic because I dont have a dominican resedence or cedular .....
how can I get my son in to school with out a birth certificate its been 8 years and he is still not able to atend school because of this problem /.............

what can I do to get coustdy of him completly .

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
this can be done.
However, the process is going to be long and rather difficult if your former husband did not file a birth certificate or if the birth mother did not.

You will have to come to the DR and begin a lot of paperwork, but if you get a lawyer to help you, you can do this. Of course, I would recommend Guzman and Associates, as they do handle cases like this.

However, it might depend on where the child is located. Where is he?

Cordially,

HB