MISSING BASEBALL GLOVE

P

Paul McEnaney

I KNOW THIS IS A LONG SHOT BUT HERE GOES.

I have a very special 12 year old who lives in Sosua and attends the school there. I sponsor and toutor him and others also. I visit him, or he me, almost every day when I'm there.

One day I asked him what his dream would be and he replied, "to be a baseball catcher.

One day off to Santiago we went. Little did he know we were going to look for a glove for him. We stopped a Burger King for yet another specilal little treat, grabbed a burger, coke and fies and off to the sports store we went.

Upon entering the store I said," Ledwise, you look pale". "I don't feel so good Mac". And immediately vomited, all over me.
Not a pleasent thing, but. OK we leave the store walk down the street to the car wash and a very nice senior sees our prediciment. "Come here, stand behing this car, take off your clothes and I will power wash them." We did. Then for a shoe shine amigo, got cleaned up and returned to the store.

When we arrived at the baseball gloves he then knew why we were there and somewhere batween sobing and having the BIGGEST smile you've ever seen, selected his glove.

We played and played for weeks and he dicided to join the weekend baseball team in Sosua.

One day on his way home he stopped at one of the playaro's to buy some candy, left the glove sitting on the counter, remembembered his mistake about 15 min. later but the glove was gone. And of course no one knew anything.

So, somewhere in Sosua is a Rawlings catchers mit with the name Ledwise written on it. For those in the know, there are not many catchers mits around there. But I'd love to have it back.

So if anyone is out and about Sosua and happens to see this I'd really appreciate whatever info. you could provide.

Let's all remember we all were a little irresponsible at one time or another. Ledwise has learned his lesson.

Happy holidays to you all. Mac