banana ketchup

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
What the heck is banana ketchup?
When 'SWMBO' goes off to the warmer climate of England every so often I make my own up & use it on MOST of my meals.

2 bananas, 2 fl oz milk, 1 fl oz yogurt, 250 ccs Brugal viejo & 2 drops of tabasco (for taste). Into that spinning type thingy for 15 seconds & it is ready for use. An additional 50 ccs of viejo is added if SERIOUS long term cooking time is required plus a sample every 5 minutes of cooking time taken seperately!

After 3 or 4 mouthfulls of my prepared meal I tend not to notice the black bits of the food!:cheeky: ;)! ~ Grahame.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Okay, so we see there is a product called Banana Sauce/ Ketchup but what makes it red? Is it fooling us by having yellow sauce put into a red bottle?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Food colouring.

Gregg

P.S. - I told you to look it up on Wikipedia - LOL.

Indeed you did and now I have - thank you for the gentle reminder :cheeky:

I am still not sure from the description whether it truly tastes of banana though? If it does, how does it replace tomato ketchup? No doubt you will tell me if I am just having another 'senile moment'!!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
So it's a special sauce for tostones?

Not to hijack this thread but there is a Colombian restaurant in Orlando that has a fritos verde mojo that is out of this world; it has beer and mayonnaise as it's main ingredients and is also a great salad dressing. Any chance you guys can get that up there in nuevaiyol?

champ

Dec 2, 2006
i bought it in st lucia,,BARON banana ketchup,,yellow in color,,awesome flavor,,does anyone sell BARON spices and sauces in dr