Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default the frustration of wanting to leave!!!

We want to leave but obviously can't, is their any way anyone has found to get out without the long onslaught of BS. We are expecting a baby in 4 months and I really want my child born in my home country.
    Anyone any success, even a backhander in the right direction?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry have not been following

Quote Originally Posted by scrubmuncher View Post
    We want to leave but obviously can't, is their any way anyone has found to get out without the long onslaught of BS. We are expecting a baby in 4 months and I really want my child born in my home country.
    And you can't leave because? no visa for the baby's mother? your wife? Dominicana? More of the story?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

where are the details???

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

where do you want to go back to?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this will say a little more http://www.dr1.com/forums/visas/8415...rocess-uk.html

I'm not sure why he is having so much trouble with this or even if he has tried to apply for his wife to get to the UK. We don't have much info except he wants his child to be born in the UK.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought it was fairly easy or at least that the process goes quickly for the UK

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but if the baby is due in 4 months it is just a matter of time before no airline will allow his wife to fly. FTR Iberia is less stringent, they let me fly one week short of 8 months.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The baby gets a UK passport wherever he/she is born. (If you are British)

My worry was that the baby would not be born in Yorkshire and might end up having to play cricket for Lancashire - or even Leicestershire or worse (!?) The shame of it all!
    But I think they relaxed that rule....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrubmuncher View Post
    scrubmuncher, if people knew of a backdoor/backhander method, they would be unlikely to post it here. Effectively, you're talking about the British Embassy, not some guy who can help you get a local permit a bit quicker than most. And if you get PMs from people who 'know just the guy'...I'd be very careful in case they are lacking in.....sincerity. And if there are people with sufficient good reputation on here who also know a way of doing this, I doubt very much if they would extend that info to a guy who posts on DR1 that he has an illegal gun.........because they would wonder where their info was going. I wish you well & I don't mean to offend but I honestly feel more sagacious posting would be to your benefit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pedrochemical View Post
    The baby gets a UK passport wherever he/she is born. (If you are British)

My worry was that the baby would not be born in Yorkshire and might end up having to play cricket for Lancashire - or even Leicestershire or worse (!?) The shame of it all!
    But I think they relaxed that rule....
    OP, as stated before, we need to know that nature of your issue for leaving and giving birth in another country.

We are currently in the application of applying for UK Visa for my wife to visit the UK before the birth (and also before she is unable to travel), and nothing in the application and forms asks about pregnancy or so forth... the forms for the Visa are processed in NY and the application only made in DR??

Also, to pedrochemical....... mi varon will be a Red Rose cricketer without doubt, despite his mileage from the home land (and his half-Dominican heritage!) However, playing for Leicestershire... I lived there for 6 years....I can understand why you'd never want your child to live or work there...........!!!! jajaja

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast