Where to watch football matches?

cepxat

Sep 12, 2008
I'm staying in Santo Domingo. In this country most of the people are not interested in football. Tomorrow there are many matches for the World Cup eliminations. FIFA.com - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa? matches and results
Is there any place, cafe, bar, restaurant in Santo Domingo to watch these matches?
I would like to see the match between Spain and Turkey so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
you can try

Where is this sports bar, do you know the address or phone number?

Thanks

not sure if they will have access to the wold cup eliminatory matches as many of them are accessible i believe ONLY via satellite.
[here in the states where i have cable i must use Pay Per View]
go to the Jaragua hotel on the Malecon [Renaissance Jaragua], I've requested and watched many american football games there and I am sure if you request it they can try to look for your football world cup matches as well. it is worth a shot, plus they have a HUGE screen tv/projector to watch it on! :cheeky:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the internet. most of the games are available to watch via internet.

cepxat

Sep 12, 2008
Thanks for your replies.
I watched the games via Internet but it is not as good as watching in public. You enjoy the match more when you watch in big screen with many people. Thats why i was looking for a spot for the people who likes watching football. Unfortunately in this country it is hard to find a place like that:(

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
so...

Thanks for your replies.
I watched the games via Internet but it is not as good as watching in public. You enjoy the match more when you watch in big screen with many people. Thats why i was looking for a spot for the people who likes watching football. Unfortunately in this country it is hard to find a place like that:(

did you check out the Jaragua hotel on the Malecon and see if they carry the games? I would also check the new Hilton on the Malecon 2000 a bit further down, they have nice bars inside and might carry some games....