Internet Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberpropr

Mar 6, 2009
I have some clients that I take care online. Should I bring my laptop to Sosua or there are good internet cafes? If is any internet cafe, what are the rates by min or hr.? Thank You.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
There is a modern internet place in Sosua right in the center of town on the triangle park. Also, many restaurants / bars / cafes have wireless internet.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Internet in Sosua at most places is 60 pesos an hour except for Dominican place down the street from Harrisons which is 40 pesos an hour. There are 35 pesos more or less to the dollar.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Make sure whatever you do. pick up a Majicjack from Radio Shack and a cheap land line phone, for a total of 55 US, while in the States and call those people, also at the same time, for that 40 to 70 pesos an hour....................while in DR..............

Meanwhile, I'm looking for people to call from Dominican Republic for 48 US dollars a month, unlimited international calling ................Yeahhhhhhhhhh.............

I can now learn Spanish over the phone and add an air card, for internet, for another 30 US a Month................

From a new company called...................... CRICKET:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Jan 17, 2009
If you need to make phone calls from the DR, just go to a call center. Calls to the US are pretty cheap. If you bring your laptop, then just buy some time on Skype and you're all set, also very inexpensive.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
If you need to make phone calls from the DR, just go to a call center. Calls to the US are pretty cheap. If you bring your laptop, then just buy some time on Skype and you're all set, also very inexpensive.

If you carry a majicjack, you can be anywhere that has a good internet connection and it wont cost anything and you can leave it as a gift to someone, or sell it.................

In the past I have spent hundreds, just as I have on photo's developed, but I went digital on the photo's and saved and now I'm spreading the word on majicjack and Cricket, rather than holding it to myself, like I tried to do majicjack...................

As an ex-Philly cop I ate a lot of food for free, especially after a restaurant got robbed...............But every time I let the cat out of the bag, my fraternal brothers and sisters would mess it up, like put a run on the place and next thing I know......I'm back to full price...............

So, now I buy 2 to 4.0 GB cards for my camera and down load to my computers and disks and now I'm making unlimited hone calls to anywhere in the world thru Cricket, for 48 us a month and one dollar an hour, if that ,from Domincan Republic to the good old US of A, or canada..........

Now, if I can get this new cricket phone to work in DR, for 39 cents a call, I'll be bringing them over to DR...................But I'm no salesman, ust a retired cop trying to look out for my new brothers and sisters........:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Well, where I went in Philly, the security guard told me he calls to his island, I believe Jamaca..............In the past 3 days I have only called DR about 6 times............I have talked to other Dom in the area and they are already on it, for about 2 weeks....

I'm not mad, just trying to inform......

The salesman told me it is 39 cents per roaming call charge, if I'm out of my area....

But look at skype and others........And then majicjack, for nothing..........:bunny:

No credit check, just ID and 36 us, first month free and after using my friends phone to call DR.....I couldn't get back to the store to get mine quick enough and they discontinued the 3 phones for 99us that day..............And as soon as I get off the computer, I'm going to one of my Dom buddy's job to turn him on.......

Right now he spends about 120 us a month on cards, so if this works, he will save 70 us and more and talk as much as he wants, as long as this lasts..................

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If I can make .06 calls to DR from the USA why would I want to pay .20 mon?

irie ites,

tambo'

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Tambo, I don't know what area you are from, but if you pm me I can look into it.......

If I'm wrong, I'm more than man enough to admit it..........

I will know for sure in one month, for sure, in fact pm me rocky's #, so I can try to interupt whatever he's doing.....................:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Buyer beware!

No need for PM's!

I read the fine print on the Cricket website, it includes UNLIMITED DOMESTIC Long Distance. This is not a bad deal!

I posted the link for the INTERNATIONAL rates, .20/minute to DR, NOT a good deal!

Enjoy your new phone, I am watching the game.

tambo'

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i use pay as you go inphonex. miesposo has had it for years so i do not know how much does it cost to install and start up. uses internet connection, of course. i call poland and it is 2 cents (usa) a minute.
true enough many places in sosua have wifi and there are plenty call centers too (sankies gotta call those sugar mamas).
enjoy your trip.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
I have been calling DR as much as possible from my cricket phone here in Philly.............told by representatives at the company there must be a glitch in the system. so keep on calling for free................

Reception is not the best, but it may be in the phone.............IF THIS KEEPS UP . tHE UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL, I WILL UPGRADE................

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Just park your car and lock the doors :)

Since many of you don't hang out in Charmico you probably don't know there is free wi-fi (seems to be two channels) there. I understand the government is doing this for the students in poor areas (other cities and places in SD I hear). It works most of the time, so just drive into Charmico and if the place scares you just lock the doors and enjoy your laptop.

cheers,

singletravel

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Tambo, you were right............Got a month and a half free usage or calls...........but came to a halt, three days ago.................

Now for plan B...........

ralphie1

Feb 13, 2009
you can call the DR from the US on the cheap via virgin mobile. nickle a minute for land lines and slightly more for cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.