Boca Chica

dagui00

Apr 5, 2009
hi guys and girls
well i have not been back to the dominican for 30 years so i have a few questions, i looked at all the posts and booked at Candil so i think i got that part done right , is the hotel girl friendly ? (well im single now lol),
gotta ask ! how is the shark population, i am an experienced diver but have not been there like i said fo over 30 years

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
The only sharks you need to worry about in Boca Chica are the ones on the beach that sell food and rent beach chairs, and Calle Duarte later on.

No problema with guests with cedula @ Candil.

I believe the country has had a name change since your last visit and is known as The "Dominican Republic" now!

L V

billywinter

Dec 24, 2008
Just came back from an 8 day dive trip. Stayed at Zappata hotel (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) and dove with Tropical Sea Divers. Had a blast! Let me know
if you need any info. BTW, Zappata is guest freindly, right on the beach and IMO
a class operation compared to other hotels in the area. I paid $60 per night for a sea front w/balcony. This included a nice breakfast (eggs, ham, rolls and coffee) and all taxes.

dagui00

Apr 5, 2009
i checked out zapata , but didnt like the cancellation policys, and once they have your credit card number, your pretty much comitted to pay, regardless of the situation, with the Candil its a full refund of your deposit if you cancel your reservation within 10 days

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
gotta agree with dag. Candil is the best. I've been interested on checking out the Garrant...but the couple of times i did not stay at candil i was very disapointed.

Pssst...dont forget to ask about the free airport pickup. It is an amenity that many people dont know about.

and yes the candil is guest friendly con cedula.

and yeah...the only sharks to watch out for are the sand sharks on the beach and on duarte at night.

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
shark repellent = Dominican peso's

Actually a firm NO and simultaneous waving of the index finger back and forth is more effective, RD Pesos will bring them back for more the next day!

Do you feed stray dogs in your home town?

L V

dagui00

Apr 5, 2009
Pssst...dont forget to ask about the free airport pickup. It is an amenity that many people dont know about.

got it thanks