Internet access in POP specially in RIU Bachata compound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedata

Apr 9, 2009
How is the internert accesss around the area?
Is it easy, expensive?
Is there free access in the area?
Does any one knows if it is dial up or dsl?

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Riu Bachata has its own Internet Cafe, but it is definitely not free. It is just off the reception area and I can't remember what they charge. I personally didn't use it, but my sons did earlier this year. All I remember is that it was not as cheap as in Cabarete or Sosua. I do believe it is high speed access, although that does not mean it's as fast as in Canada or the US.

samsbar

Jun 30, 2005
We have internet in Sam's Bar & Grill POP, 60 pesos per hr. free wifi, dsl. Joanne

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Riu Bachata has its own Internet Cafe, but it is definitely not free. It is just off the reception area and I can't remember what they charge. I personally didn't use it, but my sons did earlier this year. All I remember is that it was not as cheap as in Cabarete or Sosua. I do believe it is high speed access, although that does not mean it's as fast as in Canada or the US.

If I recall the posted rates (never did use it), its roughly US$ 5/ 20mins.

If you really need to go online and can get to the city, there are many internet centres where you will pay just pesos...so even including a quick ride on the guagua, still worth it.

maurmcgee

Dec 9, 2005
$8 US per hour at the resort. You can use up the minutes whenever you want during your stay. They give you a code.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Most every AI hotels around here do NOT offer or include any free Internet, much less WiFi. Most do have Internet booths and the privacy may be extremely limited or questionable since some of these machines stand in or around the recreational areas, sometimes next to pool tables or a bar.
Many times the machines are old, damaged and mostly slow.

Many bars and restaurants catering to foreigners, tourists and part time residents alike, offer free or low cost WiFi to their patrons.

Be careful with your laptops, don't sit at the street cafe next to the street with it, short, don't show it off... they get snatched ever once in a while by guys who can outrun most tourist.

... J-D.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Be careful with your laptops, don't sit at the street cafe next to the street with it, short, don't show it off... they get snatched ever once in a while by guys who can outrun most tourist.

... J-D.

It's never a bad idea to cable it to your table/chair, even while sitting there admiring the scenery.

tambo'

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
It is on Calle Jos? del Carmen Ariza, between Doce de Julio and John F. Kennedy streets. You can tell the taxi driver near Cambio Rusa and Fine Gift Shop on Doce de Julio.

It is also called Hotel Castilla and has red and white shutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.