Advice on Punta Cana AIs.....

holita

Jun 6, 2006
My husband and I would like to go to Punta cana as a last trip before we move back to the states. We are looking on bookit.com and expedia.com and have found some great deals. Many AIs are like 100-180 a night for two people, which is very much in our buffet and what we are looking to pay. However, we would like the most for out money, as would most people......;)

These are the hotels with the best deals for two persons per night. Are any of them worth it?

Occidental Punta Cana...$150 a night
Barcelo Premium Punta Cana....$120 a night
NH Real Punta Cana....$150 a night
Barcelo Dominican Beach....$100 a night
Grand Paradise Bavaro...$98 dollars a night
Punta Cana Princess....$160 a night
Sirenis Coctel Punta Cana....$100 a night

Which ones would you suggest???

We would like the best deal and them most important things to us is cleanliness, the beach, and the pools. We do not drink so that is not important, and we like a comfortable bed!!! Also, we plan to stay 4-5 nights, so the best hotel for the best price is what we are looking for!!! Thanks!!!:glasses:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
holita, if you're based in the DR and your husband is Dominican you should be able to get local deals in pesos for less.

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Chiramoya,

Really how do we do that? I am Dominican as well....What do we need to do. I have been living here for two years and we have always booked through one of those sites. Can we just contact the hotel directly?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Try one of the local travel agents or look for newspaper ads with offers. I've never done it myself so I can't help with specifics, but I know that other people have done this.

the canadian guy

Apr 17, 2008
chirimoya,i am from canada and my wife is dominican,living in dominican, you can walk into any resort or call and they will give you there price ,all inclusive per nite or for 7 days. pay in pesos for a better deal and just to let you know, i have never payed more than 80 dollars canadian a night at a 4 star. hope this helps

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Thanks!

Thanks for the advice on calling the hotel directly, we will try that!

Any advice on which hotel to try? Are there some that are better than others? Seems like there are abouut 100 hotels in Punta Cana!!!:ermm: