Visitor visa to Canada

G

gdchad

is it difficult for a dominican to obtain a travel visa for canada

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Very difficult unless the person has strong ties to the DR such as a well paying position to return to, money in the bank and property. Even with all that there is no guarantee. They have to satisfy Immigration that they have reason to return to the DR when the visa expires.

More info here Visiting Canada

Good luck

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Very difficult although under the right set of circumstances can be successful. My wife and I brought two of her cousins daughters up for language school 2 years ago. Last year her brother applied and was turned down. He has several houses, money in the bank...etc and is over 40, nope refused as not having strong enough ties in the DR. This summer one of Yris's teacher is coming for language training. she received a 3 month Visa as well she received an American transit Visa. She is married with one child, but has worked for my wife for 13 years and her husband own a garage so, she met what criteria they decided on.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Has anyone ever had success with a visa for a Mother or Brother or Sister?

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
I know of a few Dominican's in the US who have gotten Visitor Visa's for their mother's. In my experience with applying for visitors visa's they are VERY difficult to get even with property, money in the bank etc... A good friend of mine that is Dominican told me that even doctors, lawyers etc... have a hard time getting Canadian visitor visa's. They usually have to get an American one first and then have better luck getting a Canadian one.

Reactions: mike l

todiscover

May 17, 2007
What if you are applying for your mother or father to come to canada for an event, ie: grandchilds birth or baptism? And they have already travelled to Europe and have passport proof to have left and come back?

Does that help the situation? has any applied for VV to Canada having visited another country and still been declined?

Thinking ahead :)

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
It is easier if the person has other visas in their passport and has returned to the DR. Make sure you apply well in advance with as much information as possible, but yes they can still be denied.

redheadkatie

May 2, 2009
We just found out today that my boyfriend was denied the visitor visa too. He said there were 22 people waiting for their results and only 2 actually got approved for the visa. It's really discouraging.

Johana

May 24, 2006
My in-laws recently applied and were denied - reasons being that they did not satisfy the officer they would leave when they said and economics.
I'm not sure how one can prove they will leave when they don't even speak to the applicant or the person who has sent the invitation.
My in-laws own their apartment and a vehicle, my MIL is a teacher, they have other children and a grandchild in the DR. And still all they got was two checks of "no" on the form letter.

Very frustrating!!

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
Hi all!
My brother is applying for a visitor visa to Canada , I know is very difficult to get it even though he has a visitor visa to the USA; well today he went to the embassy in SD and they took his passport, does it means that it is possible for him to get it, or do they always take the passport even thought they will denied him?
Thanks,
Evelin

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hi Evelin,
hope you are enjoying Canada!!!

They always take the Visa with the application. If he is rejected he will get a letter with the reason with his passport.

good luck!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Evelin
happy to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying our crazy summer ;)

A visitor visa to Canada is not easy. You can get all the info here Visados e inmigraci?n= and it's in Spanish. Make sure he has every little piece of paper they require.

Good luck and let us know how he makes out

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Hi Evelyn! Glad to hear you are enjoying Canada!!! Manny: welcome to DR1! It is great to see family members on here too!

Let us know what happens as we are all rooting for you! It would be nice to see someone finally get a visitor visa!

CWF

Aug 19, 2009
I can tell you it is very difficult to get a vistor visa to canada from DR. I tried twice with my wife who lives in SD and was refused because they were not satisfied she would return. Pretty well a crock of **** is what I got. Trouble is you have to deal with the embassy in haiti, no interview process does not help either. I even went to the embassy in SD with here. Now I am applying for the permanent one,is much easier to move here with a sponsor then visit. I have the approval from the Canadian govt as sponsor now, just needs to be process by that wonderful embassy in haiti now.