Puerto Plata's best beaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gf1025

May 5, 2009
I'm looking to go to DR and I'm looking for the whitest sand (most consentation of coral shells), cleanest and best beach in POP. Which one do you recommend?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I'm looking to go to DR and I'm looking for the whitest sand (most consentation of coral shells), cleanest and best beach in POP. Which one do you recommend?
To be HONEST ............... NONE of them. The best WHITE beaches are on the SOUTH & EAST coasts.

Clean beaches on the north coast may be at Cabarete, Playa Dorada & some of the 'deserted' areas like Punta Rucia or the alcoves not frequented by tourists or the 'weekend' Dominicans - but they are not WHITE. If clean white beaches are what will make your holiday most enjoyable, change your resort & head South or East!! ~ Grahame.

gf1025

May 5, 2009
That's what I was afraid off. :-( I went last year to Playa Dorada and didn't like it.
Which ones in the south east? I'm I totally stuck with ONLY punta cana? Anything a little closer to Santo Domingo?

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
best beach for sand?

in my opinion.......Cabarete........like a mini Jones Beach.....if you know where that is!

gf1025

May 5, 2009
in my opinion.......Cabarete........like a mini Jones Beach.....if you know where that is!

Yes I know. (i'm in NY...hehe)
My cousins in DR live in POP and like Cabarete more than any of the others as well.

pmey27

Oct 12, 2006
go for it then....i will be in sosua area for 2 months starting june 10th but get to cabarete only maybe 1 weekend as I am so comfortable in the Sosua lifestyle.....

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
My cousins in DR live in POP and like Cabarete more than any of the others as well.
Do I take it that "CLEAN WHITE SANDS" have now taken a backseat to 'fun sandy beach location'? If that is the case then YES, Cabarete is a good place for a holiday. It is the location for 'Young Guys & Gals' to while the days & nights away 'On The Beach'.

'Clean & White' sands it is not though :surprised :ermm: ~ Grahame.

gf1025

May 5, 2009
My main thing is a white beach actually, because I live in NY and the beaches here, can we even call them beaches?? YIKES!.. so I think we're going to end up going to Punta Cana or Bayahibe . Is worth the extra hours on the road from Santo Domingo. I love my north DR (POP and Santiago) but for beaches, like someone else said I think I should stick to the south and east. My first punta cana visit, can't wait!!
Now I just need to figure out the way to get from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana. :ermm:

gf1025

May 5, 2009
Hey, what about Samana?
Cayo levantado, how far is that from Santiago/Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.