looking for a roomate June 09

salsaqueen

Nov 25, 2004
Hola,
My current roomate and I are looking for a third roomate to move in with us in a new apartment in June 09.
I am a 4th year med student in INTEC, i am an international student, and have been here in the DR for 3 years.
My roomate is Dominican "extranjera" also studying medicine, in UNIBE.
We are fun chicas who know when to hit the books and when to let our hair down. We speak fluent english and spanish and we know the city very well.
We are looking for a roomate (preferably female), who is looking to stay for at least a year if not longer.
We have a couple of apartments in the Zona Colonial area lined up and we only need confirmation of a 3rd roomate before we can sign the lease.
We also have a couple of "plan B" apartments all within 15-20 mins ride to Winston Churchill.
The rent ranges from about 6000-8000 pesos per month per person and most of these places have water, electricity and cable included.
If you are interested, please send me a PM and we will send you the links of the places we are looking at so you can help make the decision with us.
Thanks,

salsaqueen

Nov 25, 2004
UPDATE:
We have finally picked an apartment. It is in Las Castellanas....en Nunez de Caceres (right infront of the Supermercado Cadena)
It's a 3 bedroom furnished apartment (couches, dining table set, television, fridge, 6 burner cooker, washing machine), being rented at 17000 pesos. The spare room (bed, closet, ceiling fan, air conditioning, dresser) is a little smaller than the other two...so we are renting it at 4500 pesos a month.
The apartment comes with water, cable and telephone (local) included.
There is an inversor and air conditioning in the bedrooms. There is secure enclosed parking space.
The area is very nice...quiet...close to alot of plazas and a big supermarket right across the street.

We are planning to move in June....so we need to pay 2 deposits (17000 x2) and pay half of the rent as comission (8500).

So to rent the third room...you would need to pay 4500 x2 =9000 for the 2 deposits and 8500/3= 2833 pesos for the comission.
So in total to move in you would need 11,833 pesos and of course first month's rent (4500 pesos).

If you are interested please PM me.
Thanks,