Barrio in santiago.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
does anyone know if there is a barrio called "la america palma" or "la palma america" in santiago.

my friend's dad lives here in STI and recently "lost" her father. he's got alzheimers and, apparently, a wicked wife (that's the opinion of a jaded stepdaughter, so...) and his cell phone has recently been disconnected. unfortunately the address she has for him is in this supposed barrio.

i know there is "las americas" and another called "las palmas" but not sure if there is a combo of the two. anyone know?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
thanks tallman, i did some more investigating and found out that indeed there is a VERY SMALL "sector" between las americas y las palmas called america palma. behind caribe tours - just in case anyone was interested in what i found out :)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
thanks tallman, i did some more investigating and found out that indeed there is a VERY SMALL "sector" between las americas y las palmas called america palma. behind caribe tours - just in case anyone was interested in what i found out :)

It is not behind Caribe Tours, you need to entry by ( Dominos pizza ) Calle F of Las Palmas them turn on right on Calle G and you will be going toward Hospital de la diabetes.

JJ

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
thanks bachata! i haven't made it there yet, my husband claims to know where it is, but i'm glad i've got a more definite description!

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
its a midle class neighborhood.

similar to las americas but not as old...
its not a barrio..more like una urba... its on my side of town let em know wha t you need.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
i recommend you taking a taxi to the location and avoid getting lost
emitaxi will get the job done...........
they have large presence e in this area and know all the streets

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
thanks chola, but i'm pretty good at getting around in santiago and have some people who work in the area. i'm actually looking for my friend's dad, if you're good at investigating, i'm open to help. it's a pretty desperate situation i just hope i can find him. i've got an address but we're not sure he still lives there.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
hi friends. just wanted to let you know i found him. it was easy because he is still living at the address that i had for him. he's a bit senile and his wife was a bit of a wench, but it worked out. and we got him in touch with the daughter. thanks for all of your help!