Driving Directions Punta Cana to Casa de Campo

PMCharlotte

May 10, 2009
Hi,
Can anyone give me detailed driving directions from the airport in PC to Casa de Campo? Thanks in advance!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
When you exit the air port turn on right, right again on the circle, you will be driving to "Cruce de veron" keep going straight until you reach Higuey city them turn on left at La basilica ( big catholic church ) them drive straigh for the next 30 ML.

JJ

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I think the road layout may have changed since bachata last drove in the area.

I would describe the route this way: as bachata says, turn right when you come out of the airport, keep going straight at the two circles (roundabouts); when you get to the intersection shortly after Ilumel (a large red and white building on the left) you turn left. Drive straight through Veron and continue to La Otra Banda where there is a left turn towards Higuey.

Once in Higuey, it gets quite hectic and is worth double-checking by asking "LA ROMANA?" to verify you're going in the right direction, but as bachata says, head towards the Basilica and when you reach it turn left; that should get you onto the road to La Romana.

As you're coming down the hill towards the city and the sea comes into view, you'll see large overhead signs indicating left for entry into Casa de Campo.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The following PJT will add to help you manage your passage through Hig?ey.

The distance from Punta Cana airport to Hig?ey is about 45 km or 28 miles. Traveling from the airport you will recognize Veron urban zone by the Shell gas station on your left, it is the the only one in the area. You continue forward from there for about 24 km or 15 miles to La Otra Banda, a satelite community of Hig?ey, upon which you arrive at a "T" intersection, you will turn left there. Continue following the road and as you approach Hig?ey there will be another Shell gas station on your left. The road beyond the station will begin curve to the right and decline as you arrive to the edge of Rio D?ey.

Once over the bridge you are in Hig?ey. Immediately after the bridge you will make a right turn and then a quick left turn and you will travel .6 km or .4 miles uphill on a one-way street towards the center of Hig?ey. Maintain your vehicle to the left side of the road and as you approach Farmarcia Rodriguez, turn left at that intersection. You will travel about a block or two until you reach traffic lights at the intersection of Avenida Libertad, Ferreteria Melo will be on the opposit corner on the right-hand side. Cross the intersection and in a very short distance you will arrive at another "T" intersection. You will note the signage for Santo Domingo and turn right here. Proceed forward about two blocks to another "T" and turn left. At this point you will be directly in front of the Basilica. You will maintain yourself in the left hand lane as you follow the yellow wall fronting the Basilica grounds. At the intersection at the end of the wall you will turn left when the traffic light allows. Once you enter the turn immediately edge over to the right to make a quick right turn, as you make the turn Farmacia Melo will be on the opposit corner to your left. You know you have done this successfully if you pass under a white and blue pedestrian bridge. Continue on, as now you be exiting Hig?ey, the road will bear to the right just before you approach the Isla gas station on the left side of the now divided roadway. Continue forward from there past the auto dealers and university and you will be out of Hig?ey. A few kms / miles down the road you will cross over some railroad tracks and the road splits. Bear to the right and it will direct you to La Romana and Casa del Campo.

Happy Trails and Regards,
PJT

Reactions: Chirimoya

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, even I enjoyed reading those directions...they are helpful...and I/ve done it before....and yes, I've gotten lost once...

HB