Barcelo Dominican Beach Resort

quackattack99

Apr 29, 2009
We stayed at the Barcelo Dominican Beach. I don?t know even where to start but will with the service. The people there are the rudest people I have ever met, until of course you reach for your wallet?.hmm. They are not helpful whatsoever; they don?t act like they can speak any English until of course you pull out a dollar. We booked a junior sweet with a king bed and were given two double beds. They claimed they were at 100% occupancy in their off-season therefore they could not switch us out until 4 days into our vacation. We had no water for 3 hours on two different days. We had no hot water any night during our showers. I called the front desk SEVERAL times only to be ignored and put off. The refrigerator in the room was stocked two times during seven days. The bathroom ceiling leaked when it rained, which was every night. I don?t mean just a drip here and there I mean approximately 3-4 inches of water on the floor. The beds are old and sink down in the middle. The hot tubs were empty the whole time during our stay. The food is decent at best. I have been on numerous all-inclusive vacations and by far the worst food I have ever experienced. Do I really need to go on? I think you can make a fair decision to stay elsewhere.