Tournament Sportfishing live coverage

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks Mike. This event looks very interesting. Good for you, and keep up the great work.

I look forward to meeting you personally one of these days. There is way too many Presidente frios and way too little time.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Mike:

I look forward to seeing the pics after the tourney!

Good fishing,

tambo'

aross

Nov 15, 2007
good morning Forum world.
this morning we started with the German Big Game Trolling Championship here at Mike's Marina in Punta Cana.
for everybody interested i write a live coverage, available in english and german language, on dominican east coast bavaro punta cana fishing charters big game marlin tournament packages deep sea saltwater fishing

tight lines
Mike

Mike, great updates on each catch, is it possible to provide an estimate of the weights, especially the Marlin.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the whites til now been medium sized, 60 and 65lbs,
the dorados range 25-30lbs each and will be weighted exactly when the boats are back in. the barracuda is just a nasty lil beast who tried to steel baits which should be too big for him, ha ha.
as a tournament rule from myself all billfishes(white marlin, blue marlin, sailfish aso) will be released, bringing a billfish to the dock would disqualify the team with their whole day's catch.
dorados/mahi and wahoo will get weighted here on the beach and get their points by lbs.
the participating teams are fighting each others as Teams, not as single fishermen.
they are fishing as teams together since a long time.
the smallest team contains only 2 fishermen, Team named Wahoo, and they seem to be quiet busy today, they are today fishing on my 36ft Pacemaker named "La Kuky" and are on the lead with white marlin and dorados.
the first white marlin they had hooked only 8 minutes after the tournament start, fight took 10 minutes including the time to release the Billie.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right David,
there's never enough time to finish all those cold greenies, he he.
step by, i have the fridge filled.
weather is perfectly beautiful, laptop on the veranda, girls ready to bring the next cold one when needed.
life is good.

Tambo,
the fotos will take a few days to be posted,
b/c they will be done with 5 different cameras,
so after the tourney i will collect them and load 'em up.
Mike

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
What about fish sizes? How tall/long/wide? Not sure how you estimate those. :glasses:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so yesterday brought just a near 400lbs of dorados and 2 white Marlin.
after heaviest rains with thunder and lightnings all night long over PC,
this morning the Ocean is completely flat, no waves in or offshore,
wind is Zero and parallel to our little 3 days event today the Club Nauticus here in Cabeza de Toro started it's 1st white Marlin Tournament of the 2009 season, so those offshore waters are really packed with boats today.
take care fishies, lol.
of course today again and also tomorrow for the 3rd and last day the results are updated as a live coverage on
Mike's Marina Sportfishing Coverage

tight lines
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry that my website with the reports not been accessible for a couple hopurs during this morning, it was due to server maintenance by my server provider.
it is back up and running now.
happy fishing
Mike

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I saw some pictures with kids fishing on your website. Looks like a lot of fun for them. Is there an age limit for the kids to participate? My son is 9, but he is pretty tall. I think he could pull an average size fish.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sure he could.
there's no real age limit for kids, it all depends how strong they are and to what they are used to.
my own son is just 6 and on his own 20lbs Shimano TLD his personal record is a 12lbs dorado, his very proud trophy.
9 years old have usually no problem to handle light trolling tackle.
Mike

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Thanks for the info! I will show him pictures of your marina. I think this is something that would finally get him interested in going to the DR with me one day.

He likes fishing and already caught a couple of small ones. He was very proud. :) I am sure he will enjoy going out on one of your boats.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Very nice pictures on the Fotopage for the 2009 Championship. Thanks for posting. But do you have pictures of the largest (or biggest) fishes? I want to show those to my son.