chimi in Boston?

skymall

Feb 11, 2003
Does anyone know if there is anyplace in Boston or around Massachusetts to get a chimichurri? I know about Broad Street in Providence. Was just hoping for someplace closer to Boston. :)

frank617

Jan 12, 2009
Alex's Chimis 358 Centre Street Jamaica Plain Tel. (617) 522-5201

If you're coming from Jackson Square, it's a little less than a half mile up on the left. They also have excellent rotisserie chicken.

sarge

Dec 15, 2008
good luck finding good dominican food in boston. at best its edible institutional food. i suggest you endear yourself to a dominican woman (or man, for that matter) who knows how to cook. there are direct flights from Logan to Sto Dmgo, so thats always an option... kind of pricey for a meal... good luck

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
he said he was looking for chimichurri that's argentinian food not dominican

Chimichurris are about as Dominican as you can get!
Chimichurri Sauce is from Argentina and is served as a steak seasoning.

tambo'

dominicanpapi

Dec 9, 2003
There are 2 places in Lawrence that sell chimis. One is a van that parks in Broadway st in front of a dunkin donuts and the other van is 0j Jackson st right in front of the park known as parque de las ardillas.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Alright, I know what a chimi is, but its name must come from the Rio Platense(not platanao) sauce, right?

As for the diference between a chimi and a regular burger, the cabbage, the bread, and soy sauce? Is that it? Some people say it's the inferior quality of meat that they love(possibly rat meat;), i dunno. Anyone care to add any detail.

frank617

Jan 12, 2009
The question was for a Chimi in Boston. If there are two things that I know about, it's Boston and Dominican food. As I posted above, Alex's Chimi in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston specializes in Chimi's. The price is right and the place is easy to find and is accessible by public transportation.

As for Sarge's comment that good Dominican food cannot be found in Boston, I completely disagree. There are many quality Dominican restaurants in and around Boston. Save your money on the flight to DR and head to 156 Blue Hill Ave. Roxbury. Merengue Restaurant will make you feel like you are in the DR. Check out their website. merenguerestaurant.com

cougar

Jan 27, 2009
that's funny my wifes dominican and never heard of it till she met me and itook her to a argentine reasturaunt. chimichurri is argentine, uraguay and paraguay.

cougar

Jan 27, 2009
i don't know what you guys are talking about, the only chimichurri i know is the sauce., even all my in-laws don't know what your talking about

skymall

Feb 11, 2003
Thank you all for the information. I'm gonna try frank617's suggestion for the place in Jamaica Plain, which is somewhat closeby me. Merengue Restaurant sounds good too. I was hoping to find something in Lynn, which has a pretty good size dominican population, but I guess I'm off to JP! Thanks again.

frank617

Jan 12, 2009
Thank you all for the information. I'm gonna try frank617's suggestion for the place in Jamaica Plain, which is somewhat closeby me. Merengue Restaurant sounds good too. I was hoping to find something in Lynn, which has a pretty good size dominican population, but I guess I'm off to JP! Thanks again.

Okay, thought you wanted Boston info. Lynn has a few good places as well. Rincon Macorisano is probably the best sit-down dominican restaurant in Lynn. It's located on the corner of Washington Street and Liberty Street (Downtown). It's a little pricey. For fritura and comida criolla, you can't beat El Tipico Restaurant. Not great for the sit-down, most people take-out. Long lines at supper time. Prices are very reasonable. Not sure if they make chimis. Located on the corner of Tremont Street and Blossom Street (near St. Mary's High School). La Fe has a good reputation. I haven't eaten there in a while, though. They used to be on Union Street downtown, but I believe they are now on the Lynnway (southbound side). There's a new place on Union Street near Chestnut Street called La Parada that looks good. Haven't tried it yet. Also near the downtown is a little neighborhood joint that has good food. It's called El Sabroson and is located at 141 Chatham Street. They serve breakfast, lunch and supper. I don't know whether any of these places prepare Chimis, so you may want to still head for JP. After you eat at Alex's one block down you'll find Franklin CD's. They have the best selection of Latin music in Boston. They also have a sister store on Union Street in Lynn. Buen provecho!