nightlife santo domingo

netinho

Apr 17, 2009
Hi,

im heading to SD and was wondering what places / clubs are hot right now.
im looking for spots where they have the bachata/merengue and where women are single instead of a crowd where most people go in couples..

I heard about Av venezuela. How far is that from the colonial zone and how much would it be by taxi?

also, how is the nightlife on or around the malecon? is it mainly for snobs?

btw..ive read about that clubs need to close down before midnigh..is this still true???

thanks

titanjones

Dec 16, 2008
Hi,

im heading to SD and was wondering what places / clubs are hot right now.
im looking for spots where they have the bachata/merengue and where women are single instead of a crowd where most people go in couples..

I heard about Av venezuela. How far is that from the colonial zone and how much would it be by taxi?

also, how is the nightlife on or around the malecon? is it mainly for snobs?

btw..ive read about that clubs need to close down before midnigh..is this still true???

thanks

nightlife around the malecon is not really that great, head to AV venezuela for good times if u dont mind haging out with barrio people. be prepared to stand out...there are absolutely NO tourists there. Ive heard its quite dangerous too, i wouldnt go by myself. the best places to go are
"house drink" and "banana stand". people are very friendly. they stay open till like 3-4 am.

netinho

Apr 17, 2009
Hi, thanks for the response.. Could you maybe elaborate on why malecon nightlife is not so good? is the the crowd who goes there or th clubs (or the lack thereof)?

Also, im confused now about Av.Venezula. You said it's dangerous but at the same time u mention people are very friendly? why is it dangerous?

I doubt i will stand out as i appearance wise can pass for a local i guess..

what type of women go there?

finally, Are those clubs you mentioned open every day?

and is it easy to get there and leave there by taxi to ie colonial centre where im probaby gonna stay

thanks in advance

netinho

Apr 17, 2009
nightlife around the malecon is not really that great, head to AV venezuela for good times if u dont mind haging out with barrio people. be prepared to stand out...there are absolutely NO tourists there. Ive heard its quite dangerous too, i wouldnt go by myself. the best places to go are
"house drink" and "banana stand". people are very friendly. they stay open till like 3-4 am.

btw..i dont mind hanging out with either people from the elite neighbourhoods or from the barrios.. im mainly interested in havin a good time and being able to see and get at beautiful women.. their social class doesnt interest me that much unless it hampers with my above mentioned interests.

frank617

Jan 12, 2009
In late January I spent a memorable night in Rumbo Cafe. It's small, but friendly. Definitely not a tourist spot, but not barrio either. For example, Hector Reynoso was there (he hosts a TV show). Grupo Infinito put on a fantastic show (free of charge). And best of all, we closed the place sometime after 3AM on a Thursday night. I do not recall the address, but I'm sure someone here knows.