Dominican recipies, everything you want to know about cooking local cuisine.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have noticed that there is very little said about the great food that is served up here in the D.R. Maybe many of you are aware of this site, but for those of you that are not: DominicanCooking.com It is a forum much like this but entirely about Dominican food and how to cook it. They share recipes and the like. If you enjoy cooking, or just like good D.R. food, check it out.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
I have noticed that there is very little said about the great food that is served up here in the D.R. Maybe many of you are aware of this site, but for those of you that are not: DominicanCooking.com It is a forum much like this but entirely about Dominican food and how to cook it. They share recipes and the like. If you enjoy cooking, or just like good D.R. food, check it out.

I think many here are well aware of this wonderful website, but thanks for bringing it to the forefront.

If you notice on the homepage DominicanCooking.com at the bottom of the page it says

"We are kindly sponsored by DR1.com"

Dominican Cooking is run by Aunt Clara (Pib here on DR1), Aunt Ilana (Chirimoya here on DR1) and Uncle Rob (Robert here on DR1). Pib and Chirimoya are Mods here and Robert is the Webmaster. There is a strong and tangible connection between the websites.

FYI

Gregg

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's nice to have a little plug from time to time. :)

Thanks and glad you found it useful, waytogo!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I had no idea it was associated with DR1. I found it by chance but I did think that their format was quite familiar. I found several recipies that I am going to start tomorrow.
7 meat Sancocho being the first. Like I, I think maybe several people were not aware and it is a great site. Here come the pounds !!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I actually found DR1 through DominicanCooking.com. I was looking for a recipe and google took me there. Aunt Clara's Dominican Cookbook is great, I bought one for myself, one for my daughter and one for my son. My sister-in-law gifted me the Mujer 2000 cookbooks awhile ago, but these are so much easier because they're in English and have photos of each recipe. I had mine in my warehouse, and every Dominican who came in grabbed it to look up recipes - most wanted the recipe for Dominican Cake. I finally took it home and when my son came down with a Dominican buddy one weekend the friend loved it and ordered one for his new wife. It's a hit every time!

Everyone should own a copy

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I also highly recommend the cookbooks, they make great gifts, and it's a must-have for anyone wanting to learn more about the Dominican diet.