Please read before going to sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
I was asked to post this form a friend, please give it some thought before vacationing to sosua...thx

to who it may concern,

i am writing this post to give credit to not only a great hotel ( THE SEA BREEZE HOTEL) but also to my observation of a great owner (JIHAD) and his staff( johnny,maids,security)...

i have read many stories about customers getting robbed, dominicans that r scumbags,thieves,etc... as well as hotels not showing any customer care such as losing reservations or rooms getting robbed or dirty bedsheet etc...
but in this case, its quite the opposite, i just returned from a 2 week stay at the sea breeze and not only had a great vacation because of the owner and his staff, but i also noticed that he is not a money motivated person as well as the people he has working for him. without making this sound like a paid advertisment, i would just like to give you a little insite into my vacation....

first off, i traveled with many friends, for the most part it was 10 guys but got up to as many as 20 at certain points... each of us had been given a clean room when we arrived,no problems with reservations, or having to change rooms durning the 2 weeks to get better cable or internet reception...when we got there, we were told that there was a bikini contest being thrown by some manhattan boys ( GREAT JOB GUYS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) and that we are invited... what was very interesting was that jihad, the owner did not use this as an excuse to capitalize on the event, as a matter of fact, helped get the party going by setting up music and speakers as well as close off the hotel to outsiders and just basicly gave the guys who ran things an open arena to have fun.. this is what gave me an idea to throw our own party/bbq later on during the week when all 20 of my friends were in town. later on that night, a young working girl came on thru while the party was rockin, and it was told that she fell off a motoconch and had ripped open her arm from shoulder to elbow, obviously needing a doctor, jihad took care of this girl like it was his own, he cleaned it up, gave her proper dreassing for it and medication, a week or so later i happened to notice that the girl had come by and i noticed that the the injury had started to heal and probably would not have such a bad scar, all because of jihad (the owner of the hotel) who took the time to help... big deal some might say, i saw that as the type of person he is...

anyway, few days later, its our turn, i collect 1,000 pesos from everyone and knew i had a lot of stuff to buy, jihad had not only given us free run of the place but offered to help set up and gave us his staff as well, one being johnny, (reception boy) who basicly gave us his mother to not only drive around with me to get me the best prices in chairimicos but she help prepare the food as well as later on that night cook it... yes of course i gave her some money, but not enough to say how valueable she was to getting tons of food like pork loins, chixbreasts and filet mignion, she also made us 3 differnt salads, rice n beans, and some awsome shiskabobbs!! she also helped me find bottles of liquor at very cheap prices which went to a very valuable junglejuice... (right mr pink?) here name is juanna,an excellent cook and a great woman to party with, reminds me of a younger version of everyone's grandmother that likes to see you stuff your face...

so now i go back to the hotel and find not only my boys runnin aound to set up but right in the middle of it is jihad and johnny setting up the music with his own speaker system,cleaning the pool and bbq,setting up tables and helpin us round up as many girls as possible, point is, when was the last time you see a hotel owner lift a finger for a bunch of guys that r gettin ready to trash your hotel??? never!! 5 o clock comes and party is on!!! more food than you can cook, junglejucie ,beers flowin, girls/guys everywhere,(over 100 people at the max) instead of once again, tryin to capitalize by charging people to get in, he uses his secuity to keep out the riff-raff..sure enough, jihad is right in the middle of everything drinkin and hangin out like a regular guy.... now without getting to personal, i had my own little tragedy, i mention it only to further state what kind of people im talking about, my girl, who is annemic, was feeling sick,i had gotten caught up in the party and lost sight of her, after finding her unconsious with the help of johnny and jihad,(THANK YOU). was able to help revive her and get medication without ruining the party..

after everything was done, most of my friends agree,the party was the highlight of the trip, yes, it cost us some money,and yes we feed the whole place for free, but sometimes you got to give back, trust me they remember it....great food, drinking and lots of up n down to the rooms with as many girls as you could get your hands on... you would be suprised how appreciative the girls get when you feed them good food and drinks... i know that mostly everyone loves to go to the sosua clubs and bars to monger or to hang at lou's sharkbar for great food and entertainment, but ive noticed that the hotel party is becoming a new wave to entertain on longer than a weekend trip down to sosua... the most important thing is not only to have the right place to do it in...but to have an owner who gives you the run of the place and helps you have fun...staff included...no one got robbed, the bedsheets are always clean,internet connection is very good, pool is clean and anything you need, can and will be given to you if possible..i have stayd in every hotel in sosua and i have found all hotel have differnt problems, who loses your reservations(new garden), staff that steals, rooms that need upgrading, mangment sucks...(casa cayena)... for the cost and return its a no brainer... most important is the type of person jihad is.. to me and after all ive seen this past trip, there is no other guy i want to give my bizz to....

M

MRJone

I would have to agree. I know Jihad and he is a cool guy and his staff is wonderful. His customer service skills are great. He is very accommodating and he speaks perfect Spanish, and English. So, if you need any type of assistance with the locals, he most likely can help you out.
I see him sometimes in El Flow drinking a couple of Presidentes surrounded by many chicas, lucky Jihad! Anyway, he is pleasant person and his hotel is one of the best in Sousa and the room prices are not expensive.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Jihad certainly takes care of his guests@ The Sea Breeze as if it were his own home.

tambo'

A

apostropheman

My last few trips I have visited friends staying at the Sea Breeze and they found the hotel to be very well run and the staff to be very helpful. They experienced a few minor issues that were quickly dealt with and they will consider staying there again in the future. My friends enjoyed their stay and generally have good things to say about their time there.

From what I observed while visiting the at the Hotel, and the time I spent talking with Jihad, I would also agree that he seems a solid guy and looks out for his clients.

With so many potential choices in and around Sosua it good to see reviews to help narrow the field. I have not stayed there, at the Sea Breeze, but would certainly consider it in the future and do recommend it to any friends that ask about it.

Reactions: AlaninDR

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I`ve never been inside, but on a bit of a negative note, they do not have a monthly rate. Being asked they just multiplied daily rate by 30.

In most other places monthly rate is usually about half if not less.

But an additional competitor in the market is definitely good for tourists and visitors.

A small kitchenett/cooking place in the room wouldn`t hurt neither.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I`ve never been inside, but on a bit of a negative note, they do not have a monthly rate. Being asked they just multiplied daily rate by 30.

I strongly doubt the owner or guests would want you on the premises after 2 days, so I would not be too concerned about a monthly rate!

terrible tambo'

A

apostropheman

In most other places monthly rate is usually about half if not less.

But an additional competitor in the market is definitely good for tourists and visitors.

A small kitchenett/cooking place in the room wouldn`t hurt neither.
The hotel seems to be mostly booked up so perhaps they do not need to offer reduced rates. Their rates already seem competitive.

Whatever their reasoning they seems to be thriving and it's not for me to critique their business plan.

Having been there I don't see any way to add cooking facilities beyond a BBQ, which they do have, but again there does not seem to be a need.

"It is what it is" and many seem to like it.

Why reinvent the wheel?

A

apostropheman

I thought so too...

Do you know what it means in this context? ;)
Jihad? That's certainly an interesting name.

I asked a buddy, a Muslim, and he said it's a pretty common name and very good name. In Arabic it means "effort" and boys are given this name if their mother had a lot of pain during labour. Some girls are also named Jihad, he has a female cousin with the name, but it is a lot rarer.

Who knew? :D:bunny::bunny:

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
AS much of a dangerous Tijuana-like sh#thole Sosua is these days, His place makes the stay 10 times better.. Nice guy

A

apostropheman

No harm intended

Whatever his background or heritage... ;)
He is a Lebanese Christian Maronite
Jihad is a good guy and an excellent Hotel Manager.

I'll have to ask his take on the meaning of his name when I see him next, just out of idle curiosity. :cheeky::bunny::bunny:

A

apostropheman

Where is this place located I want to check it out for some friends.
SosuaMapHotelsinc.jpg

About where the "Casa" in Casa Marina Reef is ;):bunny::bunny:

HOTEL SEA BREEZE SOSUA | SOSUA HOTELS | Hotel Sos?a | HOTELS SOSUA

Reactions: badpiece33
Aug 19, 2004
"I was asked to post this form a friend, please give it some thought before vacationing to sosua"

Sounds great if you like this sort of thing - otherwise many reasons to avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.