Jet Blue

aross

Nov 15, 2007
My wife is returning to the DR on July 1st. She just today booked the following itinerary,

Train from Aldershot (Hamilton, Canada) to Rochester NY $43.00 Cdn = $37.16 US

Pick up, overnight accomodations and food by daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren and then delivery to Rochester Airport - $0.00

One way from Rochester NY to POP (through NY, no overnight stay) $169.00 plus Tax of $86.50 US

Total Cost Canada to POP = $292.66 US

GREAT PRICE

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Their True Blue program is great too. For my return to the DR, I had 85 of the 100 points needed for a free round trip ticket. A combination of purchasing points and using vouchers got me a ticket from Buffalo to Puerto Plata and back for $124.30.

Purchase of Points: $102.20
Round trip taxes (after applying vouchers): $22.10

A

apostropheman

I've flown a few times with Jet Blue and they are my favourite although I also like Continental. 80% of my flights to th DR have been on these 2 airlines, whichever is cheaper or has better dates/times. The prices are usually very close. They're hard to beat from Rochester, Syracuse or Buffalo.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I fly back and forth from Rochester to Santiago twice a month and you cant beat Jet Blue. Connecting through NY there are like 5 flights a day to Santiago, and some days twice daily to Puerta Plata. With their many flights and cheap prices, Jet Blue is the best choice from the east coast.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I fly JFK to POP and nearly every time they have arrived 30 minutes early in each direction, with great service at the airports and in flight. I used to fly American, no more since they no longer are non stop to POP (3 years now). And Jet Blue is pretty easy to get free flights, not only adding up by using the Amex card but actually getting the dates/flights you want.

SrSuerte

May 31, 2009
It would be nice if I lived on the eastern coast. I don't have many choices flying out of Saint Louis. I don't arrive to DR until 3:05pm. I have to depart here at 6am with connection to POP in Miami. The price here is no where near the cost that all of you are quoting. I'm so jealous. I have been researching for a cheaper flight or at least an earlier arrival. I will only be coming in to town for short trips until I finish my term with my job in 2011 or 2012. Any cost cutting tips?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Are there better connections flying into NY, even if it means coming into LaGuardia and shuttling to JFk? Don't know if the pricing will change much. Worth a try