What to do?

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Okay so I married a filipina. I didn't really think much about it until we were discussing where we would live when we retired. I assumed that I would always be moving back to Santo Dominigo, but she wants to move to the philippines:surprised. I have tried to be understanding as a mate, and tried to work with my wife on this one, but it doesn't seem that we will ever get passed this, so what should i do besides compromise cause this is really important to me? thanks for your replies.:squareeye

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
'compromise' between Phillipines and DR would be what? half the time here, half the time there? Or a geographic compromise would be ....Lebanon?

If she never mentioned retiring to the Philipines before, its not really right of her to spring this on you, is it?

This post should probably be in the other section.

aross

Nov 15, 2007
... Or a geographic compromise would be ....Lebanon? ...

If it is now a safe place to be, you cannot go wrong being in Lebanon as a midpoint between the Philippines and the DR.

I spent some time there in 1966 and it was/is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever visited. The beautiful blue Mediterranean to the West and the spectacular mountains with their green cedars to the east and the people we met and lived with were wonderful. We drove from Syria to Tripoli, down the beautiful coastline to Beirut, across the country back into Syria to Damascus then back to Lebanon . Much of the coastline reminds me of the coasts of the DR.

Unfortunately all the problems occurred after that and I have not been back.

Okay so I married a filipina. I didn't really think much about it until we were discussing where we would live when we retired. I assumed that I would always be moving back to Santo Dominigo, but she wants to move to the philippines:surprised. I have tried to be understanding as a mate, and tried to work with my wife on this one, but it doesn't seem that we will ever get passed this, so what should i do besides compromise cause this is really important to me? thanks for your replies.:squareeye

I say compromise with her,send her packing to the Philippines and you move to DR and get a second fill in wife for 10 months a year and go visit your current wife for the other 2 months. :)

y0maris

Feb 18, 2007
'compromise' between Phillipines and DR would be what? half the time here, half the time there? Or a geographic compromise would be ....Lebanon?

If she never mentioned retiring to the Philipines before, its not really right of her to spring this on you, is it?

This post should probably be in the other section.

I'm a bit late but nevertheless...if i read it right, he said THEY never discussed it. So what's the verdict if they "sprung" this up on each other?

Either way, Big_Poppy, i hope you guys figured a way to work it out and compromise so that you both are happy.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If that is what she wants

I agree with badpiece. Let her go then if you are not happy after 10 months you can think about maybe, possibly, going down for a visit. Most likely you will not. I assume this is not a long term marriage. I just love giving advice, heh,heh, heh, especially when I dont have to live with the results. In my world the woman stays with her man!!!!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Why would any man immigrate to Dominican Republic and marry a Phillipine woman? Man..did you forget that DR is the World's Woman Paradise!!!! Who needs a foreign borm woman here. Be serious. Dump her right now. Our women are the best by 100 miles. The only thing close to our women are Black American women, who are the funniest and most interesting dark women in the world. Listen to an expert> DUMP THAT

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Without wanting to offend anyone, are these recommendations just bravado or do you guys really take marriage so lightly?