Travel Inquiry re: PC to Samana

FirstimeVeteran

Jun 30, 2009
Hello All,

A fantastic resource you've provided here! Many thanks.
It appears as though I and a companion will be staying in Punta Cana for 5 days or so in a few weeks. We will be renting a car out of SDQ for the duration of our stay. What I am wondering is:
(1) How long is the drive from PC area to Sabana de la Mar, and are the roadways between them (104, 107, 103) traversable using a compact/economy car?
(2) Would it be advisable to leave a rental car in Sabana de la Mar overnight in order to ferry to Samana (I'm thinking theft/ car safety here)? If so, where?
(3) I know this may be better directed towards the North East Forum, but are there any car/ quad rental services in Samana or nearby from which to pick up a vehicle?

Thanks in advance,

1stTimeVet

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
(1) How long is the drive from PC area to Sabana de la Mar, and are the roadways between them (104, 107, 103) traversable using a compact/economy car?
About three hours, heavy going even in a hardy jeep.

(2) Would it be advisable to leave a rental car in Sabana de la Mar overnight in order to ferry to Samana (I'm thinking theft/ car safety here)? If so, where?
Probably not but there may be private parking lots.

(3) I know this may be better directed towards the North East Forum, but are there any car/ quad rental services in Samana or nearby from which to pick up a vehicle?
Yes, in Samana City.

If you are only going to be in the country for 5 days, it will be a push to make this journey. It is 5 hrs from Punta Cana on the new highway, but note that once you leave the highway and hit the north coast road going east to Samana it is in very bad shape.