Gran Bahia Principe

gbp

Jun 30, 2009
Hi I am heading to gran Bahia Principe towards the end of summer with my two daughters (late teens). We have never been to the DR before. I suprisingly couldn't find much information on this site about this resort. I mainly want to know general tips to really make the most out of this resort because I know it is quite huge. Should I upgrade to the royal golden section? What are the best a la carte's to book? Any other information would be much appreciated!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi I am heading to gran Bahia Principe towards the end of summer with my two daughters (late teens). We have never been to the DR before. I suprisingly couldn't find much information on this site about this resort. I mainly want to know general tips to really make the most out of this resort because I know it is quite huge. Should I upgrade to the royal golden section? What are the best a la carte's to book? Any other information would be much appreciated!

It is a big resort but i think it is great for families, I think if you do look on tripadvisor you may find people say the upgrade is not worth it.

I have not stayed overnight but i have spent the day with family visiting us here and i visit the resort frequently for busienss and i thought the buffet was wonderful, I dont understand how anyone could say anything different. In fact my family didnt go to any of the a la carte restaurants their whole stay as it suited them well.

If it is your first visit to the DR and you are travelling with late teens, my biggest word of advice is have a great time but keep them away form the male animacion staff if they are females!! They are charming but my word you dont want either of them involved with those, trust me.

Take some basic medicine for tummys, headaches, sunburn etc as prices on resorts for these basic things are extortionate.

Apart from that have a great time and dont forget to check out "The Circus of Dreams" show every thursday, its very good!!

Happy hols