Brujas

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Can anyone point me in the right direction for more information on Brujas and their relationships with Dominicans, mostly females. The girls/women seem to visit them quite often and obtain things to purify the house or indeed the body. The Tarot cards are read and advice on love , sex, and relationships is given. The internet is useless it just prattles on about broomsticks and changing into bats etc.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You may be looking for info on botanicas. They're all over the US, here's one link that lists a lot of them: Botanicas and Other Shops

The ones I've been in where I live sometimes also are florists. They sell all sorts of special amulets, special jewelry, statues, and they sell different candles that the person is supposed to burn in a specific way/place/time. Usually a small room in the back where you are "read". They claim to have a fix for anything - getting your lover to come back, cure for diseases, get a job, etc. Some are connected to santeria, some not.

It may be very different in DR, I've no experience with them there.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Curse me if you want or call me some sort of Anti-God name (Although I believe in God and am a Christian) but I have a Bruja and she has yet to steer me wrong.
SHALENA
And she doesn't have all of that incense and amulets, and sh!t in her house. That is a pure sign that they are fake. If you walked in her house you would not know that she was a Bruja at all. And she only works by recommendation, she sits in her house and waits for YOU to find HER.;)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Sorry, I didn't even answer your question. Sorry I do not know where you can find informaiton on the subject.
SHALENA:ermm:

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Have you tried calling Miss Cleo? For $0.99 a minute she could probably psychically direct you to a local bruja.

misscleo.jpg

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Sorry, I didn't even answer your question. Sorry I do not know where you can find informaiton on the subject.
SHALENA:ermm:

Actually maybe you can describe why you believe in brujas and when did it start happening to you? I spoke to a "bruja" once out of curiosity and blocked her phone number after she asked for about $20 000 to remove the curse that someone imposed on me at the age of 14.

?

? bient?t

Can anyone point me in the right direction for more information on Brujas and their relationships with Dominicans, mostly females. The girls/women seem to visit them quite often and obtain things to purify the house or indeed the body. The Tarot cards are read and advice on love , sex, and relationships is given. The internet is useless it just prattles on about broomsticks and changing into bats etc.

Brujos posses the ability to differentiate pesos from dollars in this fashion:

Mi caballo quer? mil peso de lo velde (verde: US$). El caballo is the spirit, usually a dead entity from Haiti, and he/she needs money, but in dollars.

Typical scenario about folks' money issues:

"Tu gan? dinero, pero entr? por una mano y sal? por otra."

Upon leaving, folks react: "Wow! How did she know that?!"

And here's the kicker: EVERYONE who consults a brujo learns that they are the victims of brujer?a. Never fails. Usually by a former partner or a jealous neighbor or current lover and such.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
That "bruja" I spoke to has a big house in a nice area and drives "Lexus." I understood quite well how she came to this after she gave me the amount of money she wanted for her "services." Apparently she has helped a lot of people already.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
My bruja is poor. She does not live in a fancy house nor have a car. She has not told me that I am a victim of Brujeria, in fact she described physically the people in my life who are looking out for me even though I don't know it. I had a crush about 2 years ago on some guy in the campo. She could have milked me out of alot of money to do a "JOB" so he would fall in love with me instead she talked to me as a mom and told me that he did not deserve me and to wait because so much better was coming for me. That's when I knew she was for real. I was an American in Love/Lust and who knows how much I would've paid at that time "pa' que le haga la brujeria".
She described the guy I am with now to a "T". I did not realize it until I just started thinking about it now. I waited 2 years for him and he is perfect. I trust her and believe what she tells me.
I will explain more later, I am at work and using the Internet when I am not supposed to.:cheeky:
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I guess because my first taste of DR was the campo. I visited San Jose de las Matas for over a year (every other month), before I even made a day trip to Santiago.
Brujeria in the campo is something big.
I will trust my Bruja until she gives me a reason not to. She charges me the same 50 pesos she charges everyone else. She knows I am American and that I travel often. I call her before I get on any plane.
She told me who my Protector (other than God) is and why. She knows things that are going on with my friends and family. She recommends actions for me to take and I take her advice very seriously.
She does not take advantage of me, only asking one time that I bring her husband back some Fruit-of-the-Loom Underwear on my trip to NYC, and insisted that I stop by her house for the money BEFORE I bought them. She does believe in Brujeria, but has told me that none has been done on me, actually keeping me from one person who was attempting to perform some on me. She did not charge me for that information. She called me in the middle of the night one time and told me not to give anyone my last name. I think that I have told this story on another thread.
I do know of other Brujas who lie, cheat, and swindle people out of their money.
My bruja only accepts customers who are "referred" by her regular customers. If you heard she was a "Bruja" just on the streets and went to see her, she will not see you. A friend of mine from NYC called her and forgot to tell her that I told her to call and she would not speak to her. Then she called back to say "Shalena said you can help me" and now she also speaks with her about once a week.
Not all Brujas are the same, I am glad that I met mine because she has helped me more than I can say...not just in Love and Money, which some people think that that is all Brujas do.
SHALENA

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Shalena, thanks! It does look some brujas don't charge that much. :) But it is also true that sometimes we just need to talk to someone, and bruja is someone who can talk to us when we need it. Maybe those Dominican girls are just looking for advice or understanding, don't get it from their parents or friends, and go to a brujas? Who knows …

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I grew up around these beliefs and I laugh at most of them.
Many I believe were started to frighten children so they would behave or for the adults to have a good laugh at the kids expense...good entertainment. lol

My mom had her stolen property dropped off behind the local school in Jamaica, because she spread the word that she was going to the local witch doctor, and whoever broke into her house, she was going to put a hex on them and they would have problems in their stomach. She never actually did it but that was enough to scare them LOL
In POP this guy was bothering me at my friends house, trying to pick me up.
I told him to leave me alone and he was not listening and was getting annoying so.....I told him he had some lint in his hair and pulled out a strand of hair and put it in a napkin and he freaked out asking me why I was doing that. I played it up to make him think I was going to use it in some hex. He left me alone for the rest of the night LOL...I had a good laugh

USA police departments have worked with and used psychics to help them locate bodies/missing people.
So I believe that there are a few people on this planet who have the ability to see and feel things that the average person cannot.

Most are just con artist, and if people just used their common sense and good judgement they would not have man or financial problems, etc.
Often times people want to blame their issues on someone else and not take personal responsibilty which is a perfect opportunity for many of these cons artists.
Most of the problems we all have in our lives is not because of some hex but the result of our poor choices we have made throughout our life.

Reactions: alicious

Gelmi-an

Aug 26, 2003
dont waste your money on that nonsence, you're better off giving that $ to your local sanki. at least u get somethin' in return. just sayin.

Last edited: