Taxes and Fees

ericOYANI

Nov 17, 2006
Wao,
Es increible los impuesto a Rep.Dom. Son demaciado alto. Estuve comparando los impuestos un round trip a sto dgo de Jfk solo en impuesto se paga al rededor de $120.00 USD. Es un dano que se le esta haciendo a los dominicanos y a la economia en Rep. Dom. con estos sobre cargo.
Que horror!

Devieramos comensar una peticion para mandarla al govierno y a los medios de prensa!

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
You know what bugged me. I recently took a flight out of Punta Cana, and normally my flights have all taxes in. Well the charter didn't have the departure taxes included, so I was to pay U$20, I told them I only had pesos or canadian dollars. I was to pay $800pesos. Why should it be cheaper in dollars, that makes no sense - punish the locals, reward the gringos? wtf. They said its because the airport has an exchange rate of $40/dollar. Lame. Also a few other places at the airport things are more expensive in pesos than in dollars, it should be the other way around - i.e smokes $150 or U$4.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The tourist card you buy on the way in, and departure tax are a primary source for the gubmint to buy USD. Notice everything in doofree is priced in USD?

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
This is especially maddening since I recently reserved a ticket to Brazil and only paid about $60 in taxes. Whereas the taxes on my ticket to the DR for next month added up to about $130.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow

You know what bugged me. I recently took a flight out of Punta Cana, and normally my flights have all taxes in. Well the charter didn't have the departure taxes included, so I was to pay U$20, I told them I only had pesos or canadian dollars. I was to pay $800pesos. Why should it be cheaper in dollars, that makes no sense - punish the locals, reward the gringos? wtf. They said its because the airport has an exchange rate of $40/dollar. Lame. Also a few other places at the airport things are more expensive in pesos than in dollars, it should be the other way around - i.e smokes $150 or U$4.

this reminds me of one instance when the agent wanted to nail me with the 'departure' tax of $20 and i only had a 500 peso bill on me. He took it no questions asked...right in his pocket and let me go through...unbelievable :ermm:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
this reminds me of one instance when the agent wanted to nail me with the 'departure' tax of $20 and i only had a 500 peso bill on me. He took it no questions asked...right in his pocket and let me go through...unbelievable :ermm:

Why would you ever have to pay the "departure tax" on a US bound flight?

It has been built in to the tickee price for over 10 years.

t'

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
In my case it was a canadian bound flight with a charter - Sunwing. I had to pay tourist card aswell, but most other times, both "taxes" were included.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
not true

Why would you ever have to pay the "departure tax" on a US bound flight?

It has been built in to the tickee price for over 10 years.

t'

if that were so they were making a fortune off everyone on line. all booked through American Airlines for the most part. I have been told it's built in on an electronic ticket only. I dont know if there is any truth to that but I know I wasnt the only one they got money from on a couple of ocassions (once when I flew Air Santo Domingo) and once when I flew Delta... :ermm:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
if that were so they were making a fortune off everyone on line. all booked through American Airlines for the most part. I have been told it's built in on an electronic ticket only. I dont know if there is any truth to that but I know I wasnt the only one they got money from on a couple of ocassions (once when I flew Air Santo Domingo) and once when I flew Delta... :ermm:

I have purchased hard copy tickets through travel agents as well as e-tickets, and guess what...NO DEPARTURE FEE@ the airport.

Whatever, nice backpeddle!