looking for a dominican cake in North Carolina

ariel55

Jul 23, 2009
Hello!

My family is from the Dominican Republic, and I live in North Carolina. I am getting married this Labor Day weekend to a wonderful guy who is native to Winston-Salem, NC (which is where we are having our wedding). I have been searching high and low for someone who either makes cakes and delivers in/to Winston-Salem, or a company who will ship a cake from a lot farther away. I have tried contacting a baker in Long Island, NY, but have not had any luck getting a reply yet. Any leads or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ariel55

Jul 23, 2009
Thanks for your response. It has occurred to me (I have actually been meaning to try this recipe myself!) If all else fails, in a week or two I will start calling different bakeries to see if they will try this recipe.

Even if i don't get a response about a local dominican baker by my "deadline", I would love to get any information that's out there about dominican bakers/caterers/cooks in north carolina. I've come to call this place my home, but sometimes I crave a good dominican cake or even a mofongo...mmm...

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
Some Good Dominican Cake

There is a Dominican restaurant in Raleigh, N.C. that sells Dominican cake by the slice or a whole cake. I think the name of the place in Raleigh, N.C. is the Caribbean Cafe...located on Millbrook Road. If I can find the phone number I will send it to you. Also there's a place in Durham, N.C. called La Regia and they sell Dominican Cake too...located on HYW 55 off of I-40...I will stop by there tomorrow to get the phone numbers for you to make contact with them.

NCScott

Jun 2, 2006
spaces.msn.com
Dominican wedding cake possiblities

The Dominican restaurant in mentioned in Sanford (El Rancho) is closed and has been for quite some time. I know the people who owned it well and they don't sell any food anymore nor did they specialize in cakes. You might try Compare foods deli/ bakery. They don't sell wedding cakes there, but someone working there might do this on the side, and the majority of the employees are Dominican. If not, perhaps they could steer you in the right direction. My wife is Dominican, from the Capital, and we don't know anyone around the Sanford area who would be able to help. The only other lead that I could offer you is Do?a Olga at Lo Nuestro Cafe in Spring Lake/ Fort Bragg. She is the owner of a Domincan buffet style restaurant. I don't think that she sells cakes, but she knows practically every Dominican in central NC, and goes to NY from time to time, so she may know someone that could help you. Good luck!

ariel55

Jul 23, 2009
onesweetone, I called the restaurant on Millbrook and the one in Durham. The place in Durham said they don't make cakes and don't know anybody who does, but I had better luck with the one on Millbrook. I'm expecting a call back from the owner.

Thanks!

ericzhang

Jul 24, 2009
maybe i can search some information for you.Now i'm in Santiago and back Winston-salem in 8th,Aug.