relationship for women 101:flawed sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.

asopao

Aug 6, 2005
I'm surprised how nobody picked up the bull in this sticky by Planner.

She went on saying:

"
**** You are in a very macho society. There is a very evident double standard, well maybe a triple standard. Men can do what they want and they are men. Some Dominican women can behave in certain ways and they are “surviving”. You however will be labelled a SLUT. Either learn to be very. very discreet or keep your knees shut. Gringas going from man to man are labelled. This is a very small society and don’t for a moment think that whatever you do is not being noticed and commented upon. There is no hiding here!

There is no such a thing as a " double-standard" when it comes to sex. If a woman opens her legs to every Dick,Tom and Larry that approaches her, she will be a slut everywhere, not only in DR, but on othe planets, other galaxies.

a womanizer(mujeriego)in DR has negative connotations regarding sexual conduct, but is light, lighgt years away in comparison with a slut (puta).

a mujeriego is usually a married man that is not trustworthy and goes around flirting with other woman.

a mujeriego still can't control sex, he has to jump some hoops to gets in some women panties, specially if he is flat broke.

a puta on the other hand.... well, has anyone heard of a woman "getting lucky"?:rolleyes:

This whole " double-standard" meme is some feminazi politically correct bs invented in the West. Most people in the West don't buy it anyways.

Yes,DR is a machista society, but in other manifestations,like some man not wanting to wash the dishes because that supposed to be " a woman's job",something like that, but not when it comes to sex, that is a whole different ball game(no pun intended).

and this one by Planner is what is contradictory with the " macho society" comment, she says :

***NO self respecting Dominican woman pays on a date! Let that be your standard. If he can’t afford to take you out then stay home"

So DR is criticized as a "machista culture" but is alright to " go with the flow with machista tradition". such as a man always having to pay for a date. This is the true double-standard here.

This is not surprising, since in the West, " gender-equality with chivarly" is widely practiced and accepted. typical feminazi "have-their-cake-and-eat-it-too" mentality.

From all the posts that I've read here from the expats that moved to DR from the West, how they talk about the different types of sexual behavior in DR, is obvious that they don't believed the " double-standard" meme.

We can't cover the sun with a thumb folks ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm sorry but planner isn't around to defend herself or explain what was written in that old thread so I see no point in discussing it.

I guess closing the old thread wasn't hint enough eh? ;)

Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.