dominican

C

christa harris

what is the average person paid in the dominican republic area prefrably santo domingo

D

De Leenheer Corinne

It depends on the job. If the person is Dominican, it can go from 3000 pesos per month untill 6000 pesos per month. If the person is a gringo/a, it can start at 700 US dollars/monts and go up to 1200 US Dollars per mont. But it really depends on the job. E-mail me, I will explain it better to you.

Cheers

Corinne

H

HEY Corinne dont be so arrogant

Christa
it is nothings to do with being dominican ore a foreigner
it simply depend on you experence/Caracter/personal presentations
etc

average pay are yes around 200 us per months
but evry companies have they own minimum salary depending on they fiscal years income
peoplle whos knows many lenguage+a degree in any area
it could start from 700 us untill 1200-1500 us per months
now ther is a companie in sosua
who are paying a very good salary
I lenguages

for De leenheer corinne
I have being reading all you ad
you are behaving as a racism
with a superiority complex
I said it public I hope you residence are legal
and allso hope you think before you give advice any wher

you can be racims in you country but not in my .

C

Claudia

It depends on the job and of your experience in the area.
De Leenheer Corinne, I am dominican and I earn more than my husband who is american, born and raise in the United States, College degree and well educated.... and he earns pretty good money. People don't earn more just because they are american or foreigners. Everything depends on the level of education and the experience they have.

D

De Leenheer Corinne

Hey YOU !!! are you threatening me?

To the person who wrote that.

I lived in DR, Sosua. I liked it very much, I had a businness Visa delivered by the Dominican Republic's Embassy In Brussels.
So I was legal in the country.
I worked for ilanguage.com. I was payed 1000US dollars at the beginning, then 700 dollars.
I speak French, English, Portuguese and Spanish. I do not have a superiority complex. I like Dominicans very much, I think they are more human than other sometimes. They have to work hard, for them life is not always easy like in western countries.

I'm going to say it public also because I have nothing to hide:
I went on 28th september 1999 to Sosua to work for ilanguage.com.
CEO MArc BAutil, general MAnager William Gonzalez. For persons who know the company.

No big contracts, always promesses;, no valid contract as, at the time, the company was not legally registered in DR.
One day, me and a friend went to the Secretaria de Estado de Trabajo in Puerto Plata because the General MAnager did not want to give to some persons a valid contract and the salary raise promissed in Brussels before leaving.

We needed a valid contract for when we would come back to Belgium to keep the right to medical insurance of the state and so on.

The responsable came to the office one day and asked for all the papers of the company, William Gonzalez asked who where the persons who had done that. He kindly gave our names. results: William had to pay fees and all kind of stuff like that. As everyone working there had no legal permit ot work in DR, he also had to legalise their situation. And he had to pay, that was the big problem for them. So, I got fired shortly after that. William told me that he had fired me because of my work beeing bad, and two weeks before I had received a mail from the CEO telling me I was a hard worker. STRANGE? NO? Well, he told me that it was in part for the thing I had done.

Well, thank to me, now the company is legally registered in DR, all contracts given to employees are legal and they have legal protection from the Ministry of Employment. IF WILLIAM REGISTERED THE COMPANY. OTHERWHISE IT IS NOT LEGAL STILL.
But as I do not work for them anymore, I'm not the one to worry about that.

I have no regrets I have worked there because at the beggining it was nice.
And all people who work there are nice, just one person I really hate is Sandra. But she hates me too, so it is not a problem for us.
Please the person who is trying to get me out of this will not make it, because I always did my best at work, nobody never complained about my work since I started working.

DR is a beautiful country, people are great, I'm getting married with a dominican in September and I will come back to live there in 3 years or more.
One person already made me the same threaten, so if you are the same, I already told you that I had made the necessary to avoid someone to prohibit me to enter in DR.
Legally I mean.

Please improve your english the next time you write.
I know mine is not great but yours is worst.
So, now everybody can read the all thing.

QUESTIONS?

Bye

D

De Leenheer Corinne

Sorry to ilanguage.com

Sorry ilanguage, the person who threatend me wrote me an e-mail 10 minutes ago to say that he wanted me to get mad at William Gonzalez.

So, William, sorry but please make sure you do everything on your power to get the company groing and have no legal problems.

And I like dominican, they are bright and I'm in love with one of them.

R

Roberto

Re: Hey YOU !!! are you threatening me?

dear
Roman the point her are not if you are rithg ore wrong
about what you sayd to Sarah

what I wanted to ask you are simply
to read all the ad before you start ataking
Sarah
for any misunderstanding ore mistake that she could write on this board

read the ads wy?
because you will find out that she
are a a nice virgen
compaire to somes others
that you did not make any coments about

is she my friend? yes since
she had prouve to be someone that admit her mistake and say sorry on this board
to the persone that had got hurt for somes of the things she had wrote

with out making a teather ore being arrogante
more?
becuase she are diplomatic/respecful and have a great sence of justice

for oure nations and others nations that are in oure situation

you wan to keep you positions ?
that is find for me
but my friend you wuld not be any diferent then ,mots of the peoplle whos are killing oure nation
on this board

and by the way thanks to all the positive ads that I had being reading from diferents peoplle about my country
ther is somes interesting topics
that we should follow

R

Roberto

. Everything depends on the level of education and the experience they have.

THAT IS fore sure not the case of Corine my dear Friends

if you look at somes ad she had write before
you will see that is not here situation
incluiding of course the last one

a day a tourits post a question
the question was if she was allow to wear any kind of dresses in this country doing her holiday
Corine answer her
that A Tourits are a king
that she coud wear what ever she like any time any wher

tha is only one of many to mentione

peace:)
have a nice holiday

D

De Leenheer Corinne

To Roberto

Hi,

when you want to insult someone, do it in front of her or insult me directly.

Tourists are not "kings". But they do not need to walk in suit to go to Casa marina Reef dinner buffet.
They can dress a t-shirt, a short, bermudas, a jean or a beautiful dress if they want.
The important is that they have to show respect for the other and not walk almost naked during dinner.

They pay for everything, so I think that they can do what they like, within a certain limit.
Write to me.

D

De Leenheer Corinne

To Claudia

Hi,

I know that, but sometimes, foreign bosses think they are better than dominicans and do not want to pay them decently.
I have a friend who is engineer in electricity, he is dominican and his boss just pays him 4500 pesos per month. He has 3 kids and has to pay for the diesel to put in his car to go to see the clients.I do not think this is fair for him, he went to school, university and he works all day long; The salary is too low I think.

What I want to say is that sometimes there is no justice for dominican who work so hard for a so much infair salary.
I have many friends in that situation.

Sorry if I said something wrong.

F

For Corinne

Re: To Roberto

have got you email
and agree 69% with you
but yes 100% that we should not be hostile
with each others
because of mist-understanding
etc...

peace:)