Air Dominicana delayed [again] now 'planned' 16OCT09...

JRodriguez136

Mar 1, 2007
www.geocities.com
Hello again everyone! It seems that Air Dominicana has been delayed for the
3rd. time after announcing plans to 'begin' operations on 01AUG09, then 01SEP09, now 16OCT09.

Currently the website WILL NOT allow you to book New York, JFK flights, until 31OCT09 for $50 each way, R/T total of: $258.44. Also, it is allowing you to book MIA flight for $7.00 each way, yes seven dollars, roundtrip cost of $172.44, of course a BIG mess with with those fares seeing the total cost in their system/website. I will suggest that if you want to fly them fine, ONCE THEY HAVE SEVERAL MONTHS OF OPERATION, (if they ever fly). If you want to make sure you get there, book on JetBlue, where you will get there when you plan to, (not when Air Dominicana plans to)...

The airline is messing up its reputation even before it has started flying. Not good, but this proves what everyone says about our Dominican Airlines, it is very sad for DR Aviation and very unfortunate.

Source: AirDominicana.com.do

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004

This is embarrassing.... sad..... ridiculous..........

on the other hand, pawa is pushing forward.......

Expect a STI-SJU flight from them soon.
regards

STIOP

edm7583

May 29, 2007
So, will PAWA defeat AA with its 44 years old MD?

The oldest of AA's Mad Dogs are about 26 years old. The youngest about 10 or 11 (some of the last ones ever built, delivered to TWA before the merger.)

And none of them serve the Caribbean.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
Hello again everyone! It seems that Air Dominicana has been delayed for the
3rd. time after announcing plans to 'begin' operations on 01AUG09, then 01SEP09, now 16OCT09.

Currently the website WILL NOT allow you to book New York, JFK flights, until 31OCT09 for $50 each way, R/T total of: $258.44. Also, it is allowing you to book MIA flight for $7.00 each way, yes seven dollars, roundtrip cost of $172.44, of course a BIG mess with with those fares seeing the total cost in their system/website. I will suggest that if you want to fly them fine, ONCE THEY HAVE SEVERAL MONTHS OF OPERATION, (if they ever fly). If you want to make sure you get there, book on JetBlue, where you will get there when you plan to, (not when Air Dominicana plans to)...

The airline is messing up its reputation even before it has started flying. Not good, but this proves what everyone says about our Dominican Airlines, it is very sad for DR Aviation and very unfortunate.

Source: AirDominicana.com.do

Sorry, but I wouldn't book a ticket on an airlines owned by the DR government (even in part) if the fare was 7 cents.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
So, will PAWA defeat AA with its 44 years old MD?

Hey aviastar....

Nobody said they will defeat AA.... although AA is not packing much of a punch here in STI, i dont know on any other Dominican Airports, maybe you could shed some light in SDQ and PUJ.

On the other hand MQ is leaving the STI-SJU market alone for 2 months, they are giving another airline a chance on the route by doing this, and in my opinion a chance for PAWA to make an impression on our passengers.

Agree with you that those DC9 (MD's are muuuchhh newer developments of the DC9) are too old. HI876 entered service in 1967!!!

As long as the passengers that use all Dominican Airports receive good service and attentions, by any airline, i`m all for that airline...

regards

STIOP