Best place

cubanjunky

Aug 3, 2009
Hello all, i'm new here and i'm planning to go to dominican republic around december -january.I need suggestions for a nice place to stay..love to have the beach in front of the hotel..i dont need too much night life..would like to do some excursions to see more of the island. i'm 50 years old, and travel alone.Where should i go??? Thanks

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Samana is a beautiful part of the country so something there or nearby Las Galeras or Las Terrenas have beautiful beaches. The resorts in Bavaro also offer great beaches and tourist geared excursions, so that would be ok to. Juan Dolio or Bayahibe offer an opportunity to sight see at Altos de Chavon and visit a couple of islands just off the coast and some caves...hope that helps..

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Apartments in hotel complexes - ie no need for deposit and includes electric and cable and aircon from around 600us$ in juan dolio. maybe more in high season.

pm me for more info

matilda

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
1, heel and foot depression of the arc must be in feet, ankles and toes should not touch the shoes. Front of the room to have a certain swing, and heel can not swing. 2, the ideal heel height in 2-4 cm, the better not more than 6 centimeters. 3, the weight of shoes additional 1 g, the burden of the foot in the back the equivalent of adding dozens of grams of weight. Therefore, choose lightweight shoes. 4, the right shoes should be right the feet when purchased the day .Don't imaging after two days it will not wear a pin mill. In a running-in process times painful, you will give rise to many problems in the foot, even become ugly and can not adapt any other good pairs of shoes in the future.our fashionhigh heel shoes (christian louboutin) website : christian-louboutin-fr.com, christian louboutin

well this is great info for the next time im in pinatini searching for high heels,,wth is this??????

sdnylz

Aug 16, 2009
Since you are not looking for too much nightlife I recommend bavaro/punta cana area. I was recently there and the beach was beautiful! you can also do excursions at a very good price. If you want to buy souvenirs from vendor be carefull. they like to rip tourist so always slash the price to at least half of what they ask.

I'm dominican living in the USA and I was so mad and as a dominican ashamed of this behavior.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
well this is great info for the next time im in pinatini searching for high heels,,wth is this??????
Spam.jpg

$360.00
for a pair of shoes

anwwilliams

Sep 29, 2007
just got back

Hello all, i'm new here and i'm planning to go to dominican republic around december -january.I need suggestions for a nice place to stay..love to have the beach in front of the hotel..i dont need too much night life..would like to do some excursions to see more of the island. i'm 50 years old, and travel alone.Where should i go??? Thanks

Go stay at the Embassy Suites in Juan Dolio. 20 min. from airport, 30min. from Santo Domingo. 5min. from your own private beach and I mean a beach without people bothering you. At the hotel you have a full 18 hole golf course, beautiful and 3 swimming pools.