Just want folks to send good vibes

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
My friend near Santo Domingo got hit by a car last week. He was unconsious for about a week but has got his brain activity going again. he's not going to die...but has a broken leg, two broken arms and three broken ribs.

No..this is not a sankie scheme. Neither he or the family have asked me for money.

What frustrates me is that he works at a very well known resort that charges top dollar...and yet he only makes 300 USD a month and NO health care.

I dunno. Just my thoughts and prayers are with him. I've known him for nearly 9 years. If i could I would be there in a heart-beat to do anything I could for him. A few of DR1'rs have met him through me.

Just want to ask my fellow DR1'rs to give a prayer to my friend Jesus.

gracias.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

I do find it surprising that he gets no coverage through his employer. While it may not be top-notch by NA standards, I know many of the hotels do provide coverage for their employees (some have a co-pay setup).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
sORRY TO HEAR THIS. STUFF LIKE THISHAPPENS ALL THE TIME...

La Profe was run over by a publico van...

I'll remember the guy in my talks with the Good Lord...

HB

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
He works for the Hamaca in Boca Chica. As far as I can tell he got no health care. Perhaps I dont have the entire story. But thanks for the good thoughts.

A few of the regulars here on DR1 have met him thru me. He cooks us the most amazing meals and has the most infectious smile you will ever see. I showed my mom his photo and she was amazed at his great teeth!.

I have one of those catholic prayer candles burning for him. I am not really religeous...but i just did it for the superstition part. He seems to be recovering...just in a ton of pain.

thanks again

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Hope your friend pulls through okay and with no long-term repercussions from his injuries.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
So sorry to hear of this awful accident and the injuries inflicted on Jesus, jrzyguy. Although I have not actually met either of you in person, I have got to know you well through chatting and I know that Jesus is dear friend to you. You certainly have positive vibes going his way from myself and Mr. WB. Hope his recovery is fast and as pain free as possible.

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The pedestrian vs. vehicle situation is not fun for the pedestrian. I am still recuperating from my injury last October. BTW, HB, it was a taxi van, not a p?blico, but that doesn't change the result.

Jrzy, will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hope he pulls through! It definately sucks not having some kind of insurance. I have a friend in Argentina studying culinary arts and she has the swine flu and has no insurance. All her friends have come together to help with the expenses.

When he is back on his feet you should advise him to get the ARS insurance plan. It isn't too expensive. Something like 500 pesos a month or so.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
He works for the Hamaca in Boca Chica. As far as I can tell he got no health care. Perhaps I dont have the entire story. But thanks for the good thoughts.

A few of the regulars here on DR1 have met him thru me. He cooks us the most amazing meals and has the most infectious smile you will ever see. I showed my mom his photo and she was amazed at his great teeth!.

I have one of those catholic prayer candles burning for him. I am not really religeous...but i just did it for the superstition part. He seems to be recovering...just in a ton of pain.

thanks again

All empoyees are supposed to get public health insurrance. It's not much but it should at least help. I doubt Hamaca being a large and well known hotel would not be reporting its fulltime employees. I would recommend someone contact his HR department and investigate. Also, someone should have sent a doctor's report (licencia medica) so that they can't just say that he didn't show up to work and fire him. That way he should still get paid and unless he takes a very long time recuperating, should have his job when he gets back.

Best of luck to him.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Thanks all... he's pulling through pretty well. In a ton of pain but not at deaths door.

What surprises me about the insurance thing is that his brother is his boss. I just hope that he still has a secure job when he recovers.

Again..thanks for all the good thoughts. He has been one of my best friends for about ten years. Just wish I could be there to help out any way i can...as he took amazing care of me when i got sick there about 1.5 years ago. He wouldnt leave my room...only to get juice, fruit and medicine. One of the classiest men I have ever met in my life.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Sorry to be late with this JJ but I want you to know that I am praying for Jesus and wish him a speedy and complete recovery. I have some idea how you must be feeling as there is little you can do from this distance, but, even though, like you, I am not terribly religious, I do believe that God is good and is in the blessing and the healing business. Be well, Amigo!

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
wow had no idea, thanks for the update,JG, we going down 1st week in jan. ya he lucky guy and a good 1 keep us posted news from boca chica always welcome,hope next update has more good news

carlam

Aug 4, 2008
Hi jzryguy,

I am very sorry to hear about your friend, Jesus, I do believe that praying for someone who is need, truly works, my son was hit last year by a car also in Aruba,
they gave us little to no chance for him, but after a lot of praying, he is with us and has made a full recovery. I will add Jesus to my thoughts..

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Hi Jzryguy,

So sorry to hear about your friend Jesus. This happened to my brother also when he was 31. He also had a friend who was there for him for many years. It made a difference. Stay strong and don't neglect your own health and well-being while you go through this stressful time. Hugs.

Margaret

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Heyas Sawsky! I hear you are going back for a couple of months. PM me and I will give you Jesus' number. When I talk to him he always asks for the members of our ganga.

I am sure when you folks get back there he should be healed up and ready to whip up another dinner for ya'll. I really should have taken notes when he cooked for us. That fish was out of this world. If you like Pulpo..make sure he makes that for you. Its off da hook!

I will let him know that folks have him in their thoughts and prayers when he calls tonight.

thanks EVERYONE.

wow had no idea, thanks for the update,JG, we going down 1st week in jan. ya he lucky guy and a good 1 keep us posted news from boca chica always welcome,hope next update has more good news

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
just a quick note here to those who have sent good wishes.

He is going back to work on thursday!!! He's either not as badly injured that I thought...or just really needs to get his behind to work to save his job.

Anyhow. I just wanted to say thanks for those of you who offered up good thoughts. It seems to have worked.

gracias

Jaime