Servi Med Cabarete

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Beware the new administration in Servi Med.
Service is efficient and doctors seem proficient since Gideon sold it on. (Rumour has it that Bournigal are involved)? Consultation costs are a little higher but that's OK and expected with new owners.
BUT......
Suggest that you don't buy medications from them even though the new admin seems to have a good stock in the clinic.
Today's experience:
What a good idea to be able to get your meds from the doctor, saves a walk to the pharmacy.
WRONG ....... 7 days tablets charged DR$3,700 (3,300 with the "you've been a patient of Servi Med for 8 years discount").
Checked price of exact same meds at 2 Cabarete pharmacies - in town price varied from RD$1,850.00 to RD$2,100.00!
Hey, that's Servi Med with almost a 100% mark-up on any medications you buy from them??????
No doubt the pharmacies in town will be fighting for the patient's cause from what I heard later this morning? (and their own profits of course).
Oh, nearly forgot. I called Servi Med and got another RD$500.00 discount cos' I can be an awkward b*****d at times, but that still gives them a huge mark-up. If they continue buying meds from the main supplier and subsequently the other pharmacies lose customers and eventually close, we'll all suffer! Boycott Servi Med and they have to reduce their services due to lack of patients, we'll all suffer!
Stuck twixt a rock and a bandage I fear?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It has in fact been bought by Bournigal as compitition to the new facility that has opened in Sosua (Centro Medico Cabarete is the name) on the highway near the old car wash.
Brand new modern facility and prices that are supposed to be cheaper then Bournigal. No pharmacy on site at the present time. But i would opt for supporting the local pharmacies anyway.

Bob K

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Clarifying

Let's not confuse the two places.
My initial post was referring to the old Servi Med (Gideon et al) in the centre of Cabarete and not the new medical facility on the Sosua Road.
Servi Med in Cabarete have sorted out all of the problems with local insurances except one (the name escapes me). They accept ARS Palic(BHD) I know for a fact.

North coast newbie

Jul 30, 2006
Servi Med claims that they will soon be able to accept ARS but do not currently. I went in there for three stiches and had to pay $2,700 instead of the usual $200.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
I was talking about Servi Med in central Cabarete which is now owned by the same company that owns Bournigal in POP. They did not accept my ARS Palic today!

Peter and Alex, who did you deal with that knew how to accept ARS Palic?

Windeguy you're so funny and very casual with the "few stitches", how many is a few? LOL

From the other posts above seems like everybody's getting "stitched up" in Cabarete.

Heard on the street that many of the youngsters here are already migrating to the new Sosua medical facility as they're peed off with Servi Med?

Windeguy, I just signed the form, gave the girl behind the desk my ARS Palic BHD card (Josefina's group) and she did the rest? I asked if they'd sorted their insurance problems out and she reassured me that they have done so for all except one company who hasn't yet responded.

kytelover

Aug 21, 2009
Hi there: I came to servimed, as usual, and I was cared by the same physician (Dr. Tatis). I also noticed new staff on board, as nurses that weren?t present before.

My local insurance was accepted. I was not prescribed any ongoing medicine, so I did not have to buy anything there.

I saw that Servimed is expanding its service areas. I was told by Francine that it will be a modern Urgent Care. I am happy about it.

I don?t know how someone who resides in Cabarete city would promote a Boycott to the unique 24/7 medical facility. This is just a crazy idea.

If I have a complain about their services, I would better go there with a serious recommendation.

Just think on our place without this facility !!!! Is that what we want ???

Reactions: Black Dog

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I have heard through the grapevine that the Centro Medico Cabarete is now taking some insurances. I was also told that they are going to have a GP type clinic on Tuesdays & Thursdays, which I think would be terrific. Not everything is urgent care.
I have not been able to confirm but perhaps someone else has.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
I have just come back from CMC this afternoon after my 9 year old son broke his nose in the shore-break of Bozo whilst swimming (the surf was much reduced but he was hit by someone else's surfboard).

Anyway, I for one am so glad, insurance or no insurance, that Spitali has set up this facility on our doorstep. Arrived 2.30 - very peaceful place. Immediate attention, surgery on his badly damaged nose by 4pm, attentive nurses, clean surroundings and now peacefully relaxing in a room to himself with TV and all mod cons. I have driven friends to the Bournigal in emergency situations and having now done that in CMC, I know which one has more value to me.

We hold the Seguros Universal Goldmed plan and I will make a claim based on that. If S.U. do not pay up, I'll be cancelling my policy with them and asking Roberto which Co. to go with to help that facility keep going. It has always been one of my biggest worries here, a serious accident and receiving unprofessional treatment. In our case today, it was not so serious but I am heaving a sigh of relief that this facility was there for us today.

wayne101

Jan 29, 2012
service

Well, after a few weeks here I successfully managed to get a pinched nerve in the lower back. Hence, I followed someones advice and seek treatment at the servi-med in Cabarete. The doctor on site gave me a 30 min consultation( he did charge me for 60 minutes) prescribed a few meds and off I went to get myself cured. After 4 days the discomfort remains, the pain meds were no different than taking sugar coated smarties. To my amazement i was told that the consult was $3800 pesos. However, if I were a Dominican I would have been charged a mere $1000 pesos. Not bad profit for "treatment" that didn't even work! Beware of "treatment" here as well as different prices for how "rich" they think tourists are. Anytime a tourist visits my country prices are identical for tourists versus a resident. I would not suggest you visit this place. I should have verified credentials too.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
A friend of my have to check each month his blood (hemophilia) for the medications.
So he goes to Servi Med, Cabarete, you don't can believe what there happens.
If the results are there, my friend say's this can be absolute not the results from my blood exam.
A total different result what he got always, so he ask for a new blood exam.
The nurse takes his blood and sent it to the laboratory, in the late afternoon he can come for the results, 2 times he was with me there, but of course no results, after 3 times calling ( the Dr, didn't call what he promise, he was reading a news paper on the p.c.) my friend got the results, and this was the normal blood level what he get always, we are 100% sure that my friend got blood test results from someone else.
Not surprise, because the nurse don't can after spelling write the name of the patient.

Aug 21, 2007
A friend of my have to check each month his blood (hemophilia) for the medications.
So he goes to Servi Med, Cabarete, you don't can believe what there happens.
If the results are there, my friend say's this can be absolute not the results from my blood exam.
A total different result what he got always, so he ask for a new blood exam.
The nurse takes his blood and sent it to the laboratory, in the late afternoon he can come for the results, 2 times he was with me there, but of course no results, after 3 times calling ( the Dr, didn't call what he promise, he was reading a news paper on the p.c.) my friend got the results, and this was the normal blood level what he get always, we are 100% sure that my friend got blood test results from someone else.
Not surprise, because the nurse don't can after spelling write the name of the patient.

Easy solution. Go to CMC, just down the road.

Lindsey