SDQ Parking

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Hey has anyone parked in the long term parking lot at the Las Americas Airport recently? I've been told the daily price to park went up. It used to be very inexpensive.

Any updates? Thanks.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Search function works well...

AZB
Take it easy.... Join Date: Jan 2002
(489)

santo domingo airport parking question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the new rate:

Estacionamiento General:
Tarifas para larga duraci?n
Primeras 24 hrs - RD$420.00
D?a adicional - RD$300.00

P?rdida de ticket - RD$420.00
Remolques - RD$750.00
Rotura Barra - RD$2,000.00

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
are those prices still valid for long term parking?
can anyone be so kind to post the link to the parking prices at SDQ?
thanks.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
and in english Aerodom

WHO WE ARE

AERODOM is the concessionaire chosen by the Dominican Government to develop, operate and manage six airports in the Dominican Republic for a period of 30 years. We are responsible for construction, modernization, operation and administration of the following international airports: Las Americas in Santo Domingo, La Isabela in North Santo Domingo, Gregorio Luper?n in Puerto Plata, Maria Montez in Barahona and President Juan Bosh in the province of Samana, as well as the domestic airport Arroyo Barril, also located on the Samana peninsula.

In 2008, Aerodom was acquired by Advent International, one of the leading Private Equity firms in the world as well as one of the most successful Private Equity Firms in Latin America. Advent has offices in 15 countries on four continents, thereby providing an incomparable platform for more than 120 investment professionals worldwide. The firm has over a decade?s worth of experience in the airport industry, spanning participation in 13 companies covering a wide-range of sub sectors including airport concessions, food and beverage, and retail.

Guided by Advent International, AERODOM remains committed to the construction, development and operation of world class airport facilities, with a continuous focus on improving the efficiency and elevating the modernity of the facilities we administer.

AERODOM actively participates in the development of the Dominican Republic by fostering tourism and commerce through the efficient operation of the airports under our administration.

JJ

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
who we are:
f***ing thieves.
darn! the parking cost is mindblowing!

Feb 7, 2007
What would happen if you park, let's say for 7 days, and then when you leave you say you lost your ticket? Would they charge you just RD$420 for the lost ticket? Would they somehow know how long you parked there?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
What would happen if you park, let's say for 7 days, and then when you leave you say you lost your ticket? Would they charge you just RD$420 for the lost ticket? Would they somehow know how long you parked there?
I'm not sure how they do in DR but here in Raleigh when I was doing of cashier for the city decks when a customer didn't have a ticket on his way out I was to take some info from him or she, name phone number and my self to write down in a blank ticket the license plate number and state of the vehicle then I was to run a manual lost ticket typing in the computer 7:00 am time when they start charging for the current day and then insert the blank ticket in a machine called validator in order to have the transaction printed on it.
After a year and and half I was promoted to the supervisor position and I learned that when a car is parked for many days overnight a security guard record some info of this vehicle and pass the info to the office, office will call the the supervisor to go and see if the car looks suspicious in order to notify the police department. police will stamp the vehicle and if the same is not removed within a week the same will be towed as there are rules signs posted everywhere in a public deck and one of theses rules is Not loitering.

Remember there are cameras everywhere recording all your entry and exits.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
let me add something else to this:
I guess in DR the cashier won't trust the customer to say he was parked for one day only for sure he will have to verify some kind of log submitted by the security department to see how long the car was parked in the lot before to let him out as they don't have the technology we have here in US, if some thing is wrong with this vehicle.
Technology that is exactly what security is supported here in US. I can remember so many people been caught trying to trick the city, I remember the expression on the face of a pretty girl when I asked her to hand me right ticket as she was trying to pull out of the deck a car that was parked for a week using a back out ticket
Ok, let explain what is a back out ticket:
When you push the button for ticket the spitter machine will give you a ticket and automatically will raise the entry gate, if you back up in order to do the same procedure again thinking that you will have the first ticket to pull out of the deck the car that have been parked for long time and the second ticket to be use in the car you just entry the parking deck you will be caught in violation as there are loops censors set in the floor that send a signal to the computer putting info in the system to recognize the back out ticket if this is used to pull a vehicle out of the lot.

You never know what can happens so my recommendation is to do the correct.

JJ

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Before the prices for longterm parking rises, back in 2007. I lost my ticket. I was parked for 12 days and they charged me , just the amount for the lost ticket. at that moment was less than 100 pesos.
there is a way to confirm how many days you were parking checking your passport or your air ticket. but maybe she was tired or too lazy to do that.