wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Is it possible to delete a single photo from an album in the member
galleries, and if so how is it done?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think you need to contact Robert for that and maybe Hlywud if he's still moderating it.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
how do you "unclog" a large pic so you can post again? i've had some photos that i wanted to post for a long time...but because I have a couple that are too large in file size I cant post anything! HELP!!!

wuarhat

Nov 13, 2006
how do you "unclog" a large pic so you can post again? i've had some photos that i wanted to post for a long time...but because I have a couple that are too large in file size I cant post anything! HELP!!!

I don't know what you mean by "unclog", but I've had the excessive file size problem also. I downloaded a free photo editing program called gimp which I generally have to manipulate all my pictures with, to get them under the maximum file size. I have to do things like change from one format to another and back, or slice out some of the border of the pictures. It took quite a bit of patience and experimenting with the program.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com

There are generally three reasons for large file size:

1) Format - Some file formats are by their very nature large. If you have an uncommon or file format specific to a particular graphic program you might try to convert it to a .jpg or .gif file and see if this affects the file size. These are the most common file formats used for posting graphics.

2) Dimensional Size - Check the properties of the file and see if it is a large picture. Try reducing the dimensions to 800 X 600 pixels or 600 X 800 pixels depending on the orientation of the picture. If you "maintain (or preserve) aspect ratio" you only have to put in one dimension and the other one will correct to the appropriate size. If your original size was large this should reduce it somewhat, maybe a lot.

3) DPI - The Dots Per Inch of your picture can be one of the main reasons for a large picture file. Many scanners and cameras are capable of many hundreds of DPI which correlates to a very detailed picture but also a very large file size. by reducing the DPI of a picture (especially if you are only posting it online) you will have a large impact on the file size. Online postings should be in the range of 72 - 90 DPI (+ or -). any less and detail will be lost; any more and file size will be unnecessarily large. After all on a computer monitor your eye can only discern a certain resolution anyway, any more than that is a waste.

Gregg

wuarhat

Nov 13, 2006
I found your picture and deleted it.

The problem I?ve been having is that when I go to Home >> DR1 Member Galleries the photo that shows up above my name is not the one that I want to show up. I?ve tried clicking the ?Make Album Cover? box and manipulating the position numbers, in the Sort Photos action of My Albums, to no avail. Out of desperation I thought the next thing I?d try is deleting the picture that shows up above my name. Hopefully that was not the best solution. As jrzyguy so eloquently stated: