Physical assault

lauramendoza

Jan 25, 2009
My husband is dominican he punched a man in Santo Domingo for saying disrespectable things about his mother this happened today.
The police came and now he is in jail. I am out of country. What is going to happen to him. How long will he have to spend in jail?
If anyone can help me with any information on how the police system works I would appreciate the help.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
That will cost prob. U$100. the way it work he has to talk to
the lowest rank police inside and bring the offer so he will pass the info to the high rank officer on that station then he is out.

Better offer 50 USD then increase to 100, if by 1 am the guy is not out , then is not worth it. Belive or not thats how things
work there. If he get desperate to be out then they will
give him a hard time he better show that he doesnt care about
spending the night, he will meet a few decent folk in there
that picked by the police due to a raid.

***here we go "La limpieza"***** the clean up = empty the cell

2-) Make sure is not a set up, there are dudes that call their girl or wife outside the country to send money for a fake bail, someone funeral, prescripcion, or hospital.

My husband is dominican he punched a man in Santo Domingo for saying disrespectable things about his mother this happened today.
The police came and now he is in jail. I am out of country. What is going to happen to him. How long will he have to spend in jail?
If anyone can help me with any information on how the police system works I would appreciate the help.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
say what

If he is dominican, and lives in the Capital, he know exactly how it works, and if there is any family here, all should be taken care of by now!
Would hope the bribe for a dominican is less than a $100us!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Sorry for the presumption, but be careful here- i have heard of an exact situation like this where this was just a very common story to get money out of a friend, spouse etc. it happens mucho here.

He will be taken to the jail and the other person accusing him will have to come up with some money to send him to the courts,if the person doesnt come up with money to have him sent to the court then he will be released the next day,end of story. Dont send any money.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
He will be taken to the jail and the other person accusing him will have to come up with some money to send him to the courts,if the person doesnt come up with money to have him sent to the court then he will be released the next day,end of story. Dont send any money.

I'm sure badpiece is correct on this!!! Try not to worry too much as it's not uncommon here to get a little jail time, not speaking from personal experience just observations!

Last edited:
Reactions: badpiece33

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
what's the news Laura??
don't write that you sent any money or such???
a simple fight?, some punches??
that's a daily life piece of cake.
he spend's 1 night and if the other side doesn't show up with proofs of something hard, like the other one is in hospital for a while or disabled or dead, then he just walks home.
who would spend 100 bucks on such?

and as a dominican from la capital he sure would call his family for help if something bad would occure, b/c you could not help him out of something bad, they could.

Mike